If you got a jeep, post up.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said it aint much but its a start I have owned it since new in 1999 and just started doin any mods. I have kinda stalled on it for the moment since my transmission in my F-250 decided to quit pullin the jeep Is my temporary work truck I hope I dont burn the tranny up in it pullin my mobil shop but I got no choice till I get the truck fixed.

View attachment 626.jpg

View attachment 159.jpg

I have towed my 21' boat to the lake a few times with my jeep but not on any big highways. How does yours do towing the trailer?

I towed my I/O with an old Cherokee I use to have, wet roads were a hand full with no trailer breaks.

My boat has trailer brakes so that helps. I haven't towed it since the motor and axle swap, my problem before was the jeep didn't weigh enough and got pushed around by the boat.

I have towed my 21' boat to the lake a few times with my jeep but not on any big highways. How does yours do towing the trailer?

It does ok like you said no highway drivein the power/torque is not an issue the straight 6 has plenty but the short wheel base and the coil springs dont handle much weight. I am having to use it to pull for now because my trans went ou in my F-250 but I'm rebuilding it.

I just had to do a trans in my F250 last year. That put a dent in the wallet.

Yeah I hate automatic trannys! They dont hold up to daily towing. my last two chevy 2500 work trucks were both manuals and never had an issue. Every Work truck I have ever owned that had an automatic I had to replace the transmission!

I wish my V10 was a manual, that is what I tow my 5th wheel with.

2010 JK

dip.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'll be honest with you. That is about the best looking JK I have ever seen! Maybe it is that black/white color scheme, kinda like the cars I drove for 25 years!

How is your jeep holding WR with towing your mobile shop around?

Its OK as long as I keep the rear tires @ 50 PSI and dont get on the interstate. 65 MPH is about its max speed with the trailer behind it. I really need to get my tranny rebuilt for my F250 but I cant seem to find the time!

View attachment 008 (3).jpg

I'll be honest with you. That is about the best looking JK I have ever seen! Maybe it is that black/white color scheme, kinda like the cars I drove for 25 years!

Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Just picked this up. One owner, had all the paperwork from when they bought it, window sticker. for the miles its pretty clean, but they parked it in 2009 and let it sit after installing a brand new set of tires and battery, needless to say they where both shot.
IMG_1856-1_zps6b6c36be.jpg

IMG_1854-1_zps61dadcb2.jpg

IMG_1853-1_zps685dccfa.jpg

IMG_1851-1_zpsdd865890.jpg

IMG_1867_zpsa74d3985.jpg

IMG_1868_zpsa998adcb.jpg

IMG_1869_zpsd802a10c.jpg

IMG_1870_zps33eab28e.jpg

tires are flat spotted so bad you almost can't stand to drive it.it runs good though, had to replace the water pump and the valve cover gasket. oil filter adapter gasket is next after a set of tires.

Latest posts

Back