If you got a jeep, post up.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this up today..well I bought it, I'll be driving it home Saturday, 89,000 miles 4 cyl 4 speed manual.

dsc00040n.jpg

dsc00043xs.jpg

dsc00041f.jpg

dsc00039dj.jpg

the one I shouldn't have sold...1974 j4000 I bought out of some guys yard for 200 bucks, Had been sitting for 4 years, I put some 2 cycle gas in the carb and it fired up and ran on the old gas,,lol
IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

after some TLC ..
IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Found some 15X8 jeep wheels and put em on, Really needed new tires.
IMG_0467.jpg

Ol girl in the snow...
IMG_0495.jpg

I wish I hadn't gotten rid of that truck.

That 74 Jeep PU was a classic. I know you miss her.:(

It seems you just can't keep everything. :confused:

A man needs a private warehouse, heated/cooled to keep his toys safe and sound.:cool:

ALASKA,

What a great place to have a JEEP.

Some beautiful pics, keep them coming.:cool:

Is that south of Anchorage?

Wizwoz

SOME GREAT JEEP PICS

Just FYI I had been down to the Seward area and only went north to the Palmer area. Was on a business trip but took a few personal days.

I agree with you, in Alaska everything is in the North and so many super places to go in a JEEP.

I would think you watch your fuel usage very closely due to so much remote land.

A warm garage is a must up there.

well After PT today I was feeling pretty decent so I decided I would test out some rubbing and polishing compound out on the ol jeep...

Before
Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

dsc00040n.jpg

And after...
Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

little spot on the hood.
Picture011.jpg

only did one side, refurbing paint is tough work.

Oh, it's so nice when you can still "buff it out". Great job at elbow work!

My son is grinding chunks of his 89 Landcruiser off because they are flapping and getting snagged on rocks. I'll try to get some pics of that mess.

that looks very nice. it looks so much like my sons jeep. I bought him a 93 2 years ago. it had 192000 miles on it but I bought it for 1700.00 he has driven it to school all last year and all this summer so I think we got our money out of it and it still looks and runs great. those old cherokees are tough:thumbsup:

2010-09-21_185935.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my Wrangler and my Grand Cherokee, the Wrangler is the one I am proud of, sitting on f-250 axles

Your son should be a very happy camper. Nice present.

Your son should be a very happy camper. Nice present.

That sucker! The first day I transfered ownership to him, he went 4 wheeling and blew the head gasket. :facepalm: At least we both now know the pros and cons of head gasket installation! :thumbsup: It's actually good now because we are both learning alot more about jeeps, and he actually has his own Jeep Forum account. :rockin:

I would love to have an old CJ that is in that good of condition! Keep us informed of the progress!

FYI

Since I last posted the Jeep has had the following work done:

Parts stripped for painting
Body work\sand and painted original Jeep silver with a clearcoat
New plugs, wires, rotor, cap etc oil, filter, lube ...
New BFGs, New JEEP logo
Dash reworked/lights replaced
Seats removed repaired and cleaned
Misc parts stripped/ primed/ repainted
Tow bar installed, magnetic tow lights

NEED fuel tank sending unit, carb rebuild, wheels, interior paint?

View attachment JeepAugust 5 017.jpg

View attachment Labor Day 2010 067.jpg

wow...havent been on here in a long time and I see this jeep thread....Love the cj7's and J truck....as I posted on another thread had a few flatties in the years and never should have got rid of them...this is my present toy...some poser shots after a nice cleaning...will post some off road shots later
Cameron

View attachment Jeepee 006.jpg

View attachment Jeepee 007.jpg

Latest posts

Back