Inquiry about Live Edge Tables

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been exploring the idea of getting a live edge table for my dining room, and I was hoping to get some insights from those who already own one. I'm particularly interested in knowing about the durability and maintenance of these tables. Do they require special care compared to traditional tables? Also, I'm curious about the variety of wood types available for live edge tables and how they impact the overall look and feel of the piece. Any advice or recommendations on where to purchase quality live edge tables would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

It is best to go to the source. A lumber mill. My neighbor purchased a live edge 4" thick chunk of exotic wood, 6' long then coated it with resin for an outdoor rolling bartop, and paid $4000 just for the raw wood from a lumber supplier. My son in law purchased a 3" thick redwood raw edge from a lumber mill, 4' long, sprayed with shellac, and paid $400. Location, quality, size and type really makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back