Iphone or Samsung Galaxy?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to order today, I am still up in the air on the two. Seems that it is about equal on what people like between the two.

If you get the iPhone, you gotta spend at least 2 hours a day at Starbucks and have a "I love Hillary" bumper sticker. It's mandatory I've heard.

I think it comes with all that?

I am leaning towards the galaxy only by the size of phone, it is much smaller which is what I want since I am an avid member of the working class and have to keep my phone in my pocket and when you do actual work or manual labor you are at risk of breaking the laptop in your pocket.

There are enough discussions on IOS vs Android. I personally prefer android. I think iphone is just hype.

I think it comes with all that?

I am leaning towards the galaxy only by the size of phone, it is much smaller which is what I want since I am an avid member of the working class and have to keep my phone in my pocket and when you do actual work or manual labor you are at risk of breaking the laptop in your pocket.

Newest Samsung has been recalled, catches fire while charging.:down:

I got pissed off at the phone company for their underhanded practices and ended up sticking with my old phone.

Get a Samsung s6. Much more adaptable than any iphone product. Apple just wants to lock you in. Tech heads only have Android for that reason.

Newest Samsung has been recalled, catches fire while charging.:down:

Things such as this is the reason I wait at least some months before getting the "new" electronic product. But, all my Samsung tablets, current and previous phones have behaved beautifully.

Just because you have a cell phone doesn't mean you have to be a slave to it. Let it ring, voice mail is automatically included. Answer your texts while you are watching TV...or don't answer at all. Uninstall apps that you don't need.
And turn off GPS tracking. Google does not need to know where you are standing every moment of the day.

Just because you have a cell phone doesn't mean you have to be a slave to it. Let it ring, voice mail is automatically included. Answer your texts while you are watching TV...or don't answer at all. Uninstall apps that you don't need.
And turn off GPS tracking. Google does not need to know where you are standing every moment of the day.

But then how are they going to keep track of the population?

The only things I like about the newest samsungs is that they have better cameras, and can charge via induction (wirelessly). I wish I could take the newer camera out and put it in my Note 4. I love my Note 4. I use the GPS in it all the time.
There are various websites that can give you tips on what to uninstall, disable, etc to save battery power.

I might just get a land line. If I'm not home I'll call you back when I am.

You can put that message on your old cell and try it out for a week.

I was listen to a program yesterday where they felt smart phones were changing our culture.

The mom dad and kids were on a family vacation and driving past a beautiful lake and both kids said wow look at that lake. The mother turned around only to see the kids looking at the lake in pokeyman go app. The dad said look out the damn window.

Another story they told and I plan on trying it with our friends when we all go out to dinner. All the people at the table put their phones in a pile in the center of the table before dinner. The first one to go for their phone has to pay for dinner for the table. If you all make it thru (unlikely with our friends) then you all pay your own bills when they come.

Another story they told and I plan on trying it with our friends when we all go out to dinner. All the people at the table put their phones in a pile in the center of the table before dinner. The first one to go for their phone has to pay for dinner for the table. If you all make it thru (unlikely with our friends) then you all pay your own bills when they come.

That is a great idea Bud!:thbup:

Back