Kitchen Porcelain Sink Sealer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Are there any products a homeowner can use to 'seal' the porcelain of a kitchen sink ?

This sink is an under-the-counter sink. The left basin (Garbage Disposal side) of this kitchen sink is picking up food stains easily. We found they can be removed using diluted bleach or scrubbing with some Bar Keepers Friend.

Are there any products that can put a seal on the porcelain even if each application is lasting 6 or 12 month, until we can redo the kitchen and get a new sink?

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions, Thank you.

I don't have an as experienced response, just an anecdotal account of. An auto painter, in prep for selling his property said that he used a mild acid to clean an etch both the pressed steel sink and tub and then sprayed with 2 coat epoxy, and it seems to me, at that time, the product was vendor by home desperado.

Some other anecdotal info: sometime in the late 50's the enameling standards were reduced because the competition couldn't compete, so, COMMERCIAL ENAMELING came to the for, with pressed steel fixtures. And of the other commercial enamelars, the only one that refused to allow a thinner and lower graded enameling was KOHLER.

Back