Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the carrot raisin salad do you have pineapple in it also? If not, try it that way.

Angie

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the bits of pineapple.

On another note, my loquat tree is ready to harvest. Pretty tasty morsels.

I'm trying to remember whether or not I've ever seen a loquat tree or tried the fruit.

Looks like a large grape, has the color of a nectarine, the skin of a pear, a seed like a small avocado, and a taste like a combination of a grape and a nectarine.

I will but it is currently raining.

I googled it. It's an ancient Japanese plant. I've never had a loquat fruit before. I don't know if they have them in my area.

Looks like a large grape, has the color of a nectarine, the skin of a pear, a seed like a small avocado, and a taste like a combination of a grape and a nectarine.

sounds like the tree version of a hippogrif

WTH is a hippogrif?

I understand what a hippo***** is, it's my ex-wife. Maybe grif is also fat?

Don't you guys read anything besides hot rod magazine and old house? Lol. A hippogriff is a mythical beast half horse half eagle. Harry Potter road one in the prisoner of azkaban. I'm sure you have at least heard of Harry Potter right?

Oh, the guy with coke bottle glasses that swings a wand carrying pixie dust?

Sorry bud, I'll stick to Bob Vila!

The first recorded mention of the hippogriff was made by the Latin poet Virgil in his Eclogues. It's a legendary creature.

The Harry Potter books were actually rather grim in many respects. The books dealt with war and death as well as having the whole wands and flying thing. But it still had good triumphing over evil at the end.

If its the horse head and eagle body, I'll bet it has one he'll of a time trying to fly....:p

basically it is the size of a horse, the head front quarters and wings are shaped like an eagle, the hind quarters are shaped like a horse. it is supposed to be the offspring of a horse and a gryphon. basically it is mythology just like the gryphon, manticore, sphynx and many other mythological things I learned about in high school. and I love to read. I read all the time. lately I have taken to audiobooks. because I can listen to books while I do other things. whenever I am working in the garage, mowing, driving I always have a book playing. it is amazing some of the stuff you can learn from books. some of it is even useful occasionally lol

Its very difficult to read one of those driving on a country road in Iowa. Although I would not be surprised to see someone try lol

Latest posts

Back