Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted to play a few books "on tape" while driving out to my weekend home. I guess I'm showing my age now. Does anything come on "tape" anymore?

probably, but it would be much more expensive. go to audible.com and join for free. then you can download books to your smartphone, then play it over bluetooth. this is way better especially for me because I like to drive different cars a lot, I used to have several books going at the same time, now the book follows me to whichever car I drive or when I am working in the garage. since I have to pretty much always have my phone where I can here it, I keep the ear buds in and wear my ear muff hearing protectors over them when I am doing anything loud. like mowing, bead blasting parts, etc. and I also keep it going driving the jeep or convertible with the top down. as long as I can hear my book, I know I can hear my phone ring. it makes me less nervous doing those things.

My Ridgeline has an auxiliary port near the glove box. We can plug in an adapter to the headphone jack on the phone and then plug it to that port to play music and such over the vehicle's sound system.
Probably could do it with Bluetooth if we tried to set it up that way. Right now the only bluetooth I have synced to my phone is my beanie/hat that has a headset and mic in it so I can answer my phone while driving. It's great for cold weather, but not so much for hot weather.

I've always wanted to play a few books "on tape" while driving out to my weekend home. I guess I'm showing my age now. Does anything come on "tape" anymore?

Did you really just say that you want to listen to books on tape while driving? Isn't that a recipe for disaster when you fall asleep at the wheel?

Not if the books are Playboy magazine books. I only look at the articles anyway.

I look at the pictures. ( one of us needed to tell the truth)

I recently was in Ft. Myers FL and saw some homes with very large, aircraft, garages. The stop signs are at ground level as are the street names. The roads are flat and light poles set back a good bit, so the wing spam will clear.

Here's one of them, the larger building section on the right is their attached aircraft garage.

Attachments

• 20160410_115532.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 33
That's overly NICE. I have seen that he flies the big planes, even commercial versions. That is some dedication to flying on the side.

BS. I'm winning....

Hey. are you done with our gunroom/saferoom yet?

Latest posts

Back