Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a classic car, but my wallet says no.

We had alot of rain yesterday.

That was a beautiful car, Rusty. Such a shame it was destroyed.

The Expedition has officially been declared as totaled. We are getting more $ for it than I expected. Still waiting to hear the verdict on the CR-V. The guys at the body shop were very nice to me and actually sympathetic. I cleared out as much stuff from the Expedition as I could get. I still need to get some stuff out of the CR-V, but I'll need to bring gloves so I don't get any more glass shards in my fingers.

A tree fell down it lengthwise, smashed the hood, top and truck lid.

I have a jeep I inherited from my mom when she passed. I had a large eucalyptus branch fall about two inches from the side of it lengthwise in perfect order. Branch was about 8" round, would have crushed it good. I got lucky.

You still gunna restore that jeep again?

It's almost done. Put all new suspension under it. Working on interior out of a much newer jeep. Maybe I will post some pictures.

I look forward to seeing it.

We found the vehicle we think we will get to replace the Expedition, but its in Houston, TX. Mom already e-mailed the seller and printed out the TrueCar thingy to get a lower price. Now we just need to figure out if its worth it going out there to get it and hope nobody else snatches it up first. It has a clear carax report, low mileage, and such. Although, we might add some more contenders to the list to look at in case it doesn't pan out for us.

We are still waiting to hear back from the insurance company about whether or not the CR-V is totaled, but we are looking for those as well just in case. In the meantime, I get to play chauffeur for my brother since I don't trust him with the rental car.

Heh. I'm still alive, so I'm sort of winning. But, there's still more to the year and I feel like I'm in one of those Final Destination movies and the world is trying to kill me. LOL.

Arborists are here to finish on the tree.

If you're breathing, you're winning.

Yup. I think I'm a sore winner though. LOL. :p

I'm going to see if one of my friends can give me a lift to my doctor's office tomorrow. My doctor is nice and his main clerk is a sweetheart so she'll probably let me do a walk-in. It's more efficient than going to the useless ER.

Yup. I think I'm a sore winner though. LOL. :p

I'm going to see if one of my friends can give me a lift to my doctor's office tomorrow. My doctor is nice and his main clerk is a sweetheart so she'll probably let me do a walk-in. It's more efficient than going to the useless ER.

The wait in our ER is about 4 hours and then they offer you a $10 aspirin for a broken bone.

....and the bill is $500, right?

....and the bill is $500, right?

If only the bill were that low! Last time I went to the ER they charged $640+ just for the doctor's bill and he saw me for less than 2 minutes. They charged me for medicine they didn't even give me and the bill (excluding the doctor's bill) was over $900. That was years ago and prices have only gone up since then. They charged my friend $2k for a test to see if he had kidney stones.

There's a Nigerian doctor here who doesn't know how to treat anything but open wounds. He'll stitch an open wound, but anything else and he doesn't know what to do and sends people home. He sent my father home without treatment when he had a stroke. Another one of the doctors thinks everyone without insurance is a drug fiend, looks at their teeth even when the teeth/mouth have nothing to do with the diagnosis, and sends them home saying nothing is wrong. My teeth are fine, but I'm pretty sure if I went in there I'd get the same disregard and it would just be a waste of time.

That said, my friend has his truck fixed so he can pick me up and take me to the doctor, but he wants me to drive his truck to go to the rental place because he's afraid to drive that far after his wreck. I told him to bring pillows to surround himself with because I want him to be safe if my bad luck continues.

Latest posts

Back