Looking for creative solutions to the hole in my floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Long story short, we've had about ten planks of the hardwood in our kitchen removed (see pic). We are ultimately going to tear this kitchen up in the not too distant future so really don't want to invest anything in fixing this but also don't want to live with a hole in the floor. I'm having trouble finding any place that will sell me just the ten planks I need to fix this so I am looking for a different creative solution. Doesn't matter what it will look like in the end, what can I fill that hole with to make things close to level with the other floor in there?
For example, I was wondering if we could cut a couple pieces of plywood to fit the shape and lay them in there.

View media item 1706

Absolutely plywood, and a couple of dollops of adhesive to keep it from curling.

Check thickness of your flooring. It might not match the plywood and create a tripping hazard. If so, try Home Depot for a broken box of laminate you can get for cheap. Throw that down as Snoonyb suggests

Back