This is my first post and I'm not much of a DIYer but thought I could get some good advice. We have discovered a plumbing leak from the kitchen sink on 2nd floor leaking down to the 2nd floor basement/bathroom area that has caused a mold problem. We had someone come out and give us an estimate. They estimated the area to be around 100 sq. ft. They say $5600 just to get the mold out and do the testing. That doesn't include the resoration, which would be another $3k (but we can probably do that work ourselves). I am still in sticker shock. I've read that it is not safe to remove mold yourself but WOW, $5600! If anyone has any experience with this or any advice, I'd welcome it.