Mustang Garage kitchen remodel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a transformation! I'm guessing that the electrician wanted the sink mounted so he could accurately measure the true center point for mounting the fixture, which is exactly the correct thing to do. Could you imagine how lopsided it would have looked if he didn't center the fixture over the sink?

yeah, he also said that he needed to know where the mirror would be so he could know how high to mount it to prevent glare.

Finished hanging the cabinets. The countertop guys have measured for that and it should be here in 2-3 weeks. The electrician has finished all the wiring except for the pendant lights over the peninsula and the bathroom light. They umber has hooked up the toilet and sink in the bathroom and mud room. Once the countertop is in he can finish his job so things are coming along.
I will post some pics later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

here are a couple pics of the bathroom. it is a very small bathroom and it is not decorated at all yet but here is a before.

and after.

I miss the vintage wallpaper myself.

I like it! Keep up the good work!

ok. the counter tops are in finally. I still have a few minor details to sort out, like one of the cabinet doors has a hinge that was hung wrong from the factory and they have to send me a new door, and one of the cabinets has a cracked case so they are sending me a replacement. it is the upper one in the corner so it will be relatively straightforward to replace it, with enough help that is. I also need to finish up the crown molding and put the knobs on. our new table and chairs will be delivered sometime early next month, it is a glass top table with custom Amish made chairs. we also bought matching bar stools and a different refrigerator that has heated and cooled water and is a french door design. that will be here next week. they will take this one down stairs and haul the old one out of the basement for us, so that is nice,oh and the electrician still needs to install the two pendent lights over the breakfast bar but for the most part the kitchen is functional again. yaaahoo.

My wife is over the moon, it turned out better than she hoped.

this is Bellingham quartz. it is a manufactured stone product. requires no maintenance, no sealing or anything. it is very durable and we love the way it looks. best of all it is made in montana, by a company called cambria. the only quartz countertop available that is made in usa.

undermount composite granite sink with a monster garbage disposal that is much quieter than our old one. and a sensor H2O faucett that is touch activated. my wife likes it, the plumber...not so much.

all the counter tops are in.

ok here is a quick walk through.

here is the new sink and orientation of the new door and relocation of the washer and dryer. I still need to replace that plastic window on the washer. I have the part I just need to get it swapped. since this door is our main way in and out stuff tends to get piled up here before it goes into the recycling bin or the dumpster or gets put away. I would love to be able to keep the clutter down but I suppose entropy always wins lol.

looking from the mud room toward the kitchen.

bathroom between mudroom and kitchen.

looking in from the mudroom hallway.

looking back from the dining room.

still a lot of little things to do but the end is in sight:D

Wow is all I can say!

we started moving stuff back in this weekend. cooked our first meal in the new kitchen yesterday. it was great. I also replaced the plastic panel on the washer and painted the hood on the convertible. lots accomplished this weekend.

I finished the last pieces of trim and crown molding the other day. we received our new refrigerator also. it actually fits better than the other one we had. we moved our old one downstairs and got rid of the white one that the paint was all peeling off of. it also had some missing shelves etc. our new fridge is one of those french door styles with the pull out freezer on the bottom. it also has a hot or cold water dispenser in the door. the last thing we are waiting on is our new table and chair set. we ordered it and it is supposed to be delivered next friday. once that is in we will be able to hang my wifes painting that we were given when we got married. she has a sentimental attachment to this painting and it was framed by a friend of her family for a wedding gift for us. so anyway it is important to her so we will hang it on the far wall. after that we are planning to have an open house/ open kitchen barbeque. to celebrate being done. I will try to take some final pictures when we get the table in place. but so far the project has been a huge success. it has accomplished all of our goals. my wife is very pleased with how well it turned out and it is a much more fun place to be. we are actually enjoying cooking for a change lol.

I love it when the plan comes together...now get out in the garage where you belong and start with some updates there...:D

Glad the end is in sight and I know you will really enjoy all the hard work and effort!

Ok final installment on this project I believe

A long project but we are very happy with the results.

Man, I love the countertop, floor and cabinet colors. Your renovation turned out beautiful, just like everything else you've posted. Good job!

thanks. next year I think I will try my hand at building a deck. our deck is really in need of replacement. it is still functional but there is some definite rot going on in some of the supporting posts underneath. I built a very small and very rough deck on the back of my garage but this time I plan to build something a bit fancier lol. we will see.

Looks great! Can't wait to see the deck work.

thanks the deck should be interesting. I spent some time with some graph paper and I think I have a plan for what I want. it won't be to exotic basically square with a one corner angled for a step, but I will do some tweaking to the plan this winter.

on another note we had our barbeque yesterday and it went over very well. everyone loved the new kitchen and it worked very well. my wife who normally hates having anyone come over and never wants to have company had a ball. so I have to say with just a little bit of pride that the project was a complete success and now it is time to repaint the jeep top and start saving up for the fuel injection conversion.

Well MG, if momma was happy then the whole deal was worth it.;)

Back