Mustang Garage kitchen remodel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes that is a product called warmly yours to heat the tile. it was very affordable and they have an amazing warranty

here are a couple more pictures. the tile is started, but they will be working on it off and on while doing other projects so I don't know when it will be done. starting to get a bit impatient.

the tile is in, they finished grouting it last night.

now I am going to go pick out the trim I am going to use for the doors and floor trim and get started on that today so that i can have the plumber come in and finish the plumbing so we can get the bathroom and mudroom up and running. that should hopefully be done this week. then soon we will start hanging cabinets as soon as I can get some time off work that is.

Really coming together great!

I don't have any pics yet but last night my wife and I finished putting the floor molding and door trim on in the mud room and the bathroom. I also got my little office finished. I got tired of waiting on the electrician so I went ahead and installed the plugs myself. not a difficult job but I wasn't sure if the electrician would be annoyed with me for doing it or not. finally I decided tough he should have come over friday like he said he was going to lol. anyway the office is back together now and I asked the lumber yard to deliver the cabinets tuesday. I may try to get some more of the molding in the dining room up before then because we are probably going to have to put the cabinets there while we sort them out. the plumber was also supposed to come over friday but his wife had to have arthroscopic surgery so he could not make it. I had hoped to have the bathroom working this weekend. oh well slowly but surely.

on a slightly different topic however I have got to say anytime I do a project it is a good excuse to buy new tools. well my slide compound miter saw was showing its age. the blade shield had to be retracted manually and it was difficult to set the miters because it had no stops, it was infinitely adjustable with no stops. so anyway I decided I wanted one of those new fancy laser miter saws. so I did some research and decided that what I really wanted was this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AIX5OO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

with one of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AIX5OO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

the led light system is awesome. no adjustment required because it is just a shadow of the blade. it is so much easier to use than my old saw. no I am still not getting everything done perfectly because I am still an amateur but having good tools makes even an amateur like me look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use the DeWalt compound miter saw, but I use the 12" one so I can cut bigger crown moldings. It doesn't have the sliding feature, no laser or LED, but other than this, I love it.

I use a dewaltv12" sliding compound miter saw on a daily basis. It is a good saw. Mine is an older model so it does not have the laser either. You will be pleased with that 10" saw unless you cut alot of big crown.

If i'm not mistaken, you can always purchase the laser "washer" to make it a laser guided saw.

ok. the tile is done. I have been putting in some of the trim around the doors and floor in the mudroom and bathroom. I also have most of it cut and ready to install in the dining room. we had the cabinets delivered today. so as soon as I get some time I will start hanging them.:rockin:

I like those cabinets already!

I begged the help of a couple of strong friends to hang some cabinets today. not finished yet but we did get quite a bit done. more pics to come.

I can't wait to see the finished room!

No doubt. That remodel/rebuild can take a toll on everyone.

yeah we are all a little sick of the whole thing now. but it is starting to come together so we are happier now. the plumber hooked up the sink and the toilet in the bathroom today and the sink in the mudroom. the electrician didn't want to do the lights in the bathroom until the sink was installed for some reason so we still don't have lights in there but at least the toilet works. I didn't take any pictures of that yet but we did finish hanging the cabinets My Son Bryce came home this weekend and I got him to help finish up the hanging of the cabinets. I had to fix a couple minor booboos to make it work, but like a friend of mine said "the measure of a skilled craftsman is how well you can fix your screw ups" well I would hope a true craftsman would have fewer screw ups but the saying does have a point lol. here is a little peek at what they look like now.

I still need to put the toe kick boards on and do the crown molding. I obviously have a backing board to finish off the peninsula as well. but I want to talk to the countertop guys about the best way to support the breakfast bar overhang before I install that. so things are coming along. still a lot of coordinating that needs done but we are making progress.

Looking good, I am a little jealous.

What a transformation! I'm guessing that the electrician wanted the sink mounted so he could accurately measure the true center point for mounting the fixture, which is exactly the correct thing to do. Could you imagine how lopsided it would have looked if he didn't center the fixture over the sink?

Back