My ranger project.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
So I picked up this polaris ranger cheap, it was used as the parts bike for a while and was missing several things. It is an 06 and my plan is to bring it back to life.

So far I have found a hood, grill and headlights, found a hub that was missing ordered the switches and a few other misc items that were gone.

I still need to do a lot of wiring and cables and this and that.

They pulled the plugs and let the motor sit in the rain so the cylinders were full of water. I pulled the top end off and was able to save the cylinders by honing but one of the intake valves was beyond repair. Parts are on order and will hopefully be in by next week.

View attachment IMG_20120728_185034.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120728_185045.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120728_185053.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120728_194234.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120728_194243.jpg

Hopefully it will run when I am done. Which one do you have?

Mine is the RZR S. The XP is the newer model with the 3-Link Rear and the 900 motor. Mine is an 800, but I didn't buy it to keep up with the sand cars so it gets the job done well and will do about 70 mph. with me and wife in it.

Trailer2.jpg

Still waiting on brown santa to show up with my valve so I can get the motor back together.

Got home and my valve was sitting here, hopefully I will get a chance today to toss it in and put the motor back together.

No I decided drinking beer and skinning a deer head was more important.

Maybe I will get out there and swap that valve out today?

Nope I had to work the last couple weeks and have a needy lady at home.

OK got the new valve in tonight. Maybe I will be allowed outside a little tomorrow to get the head back on?

You made me read that sentence numerous times :D

Got the head back on along with the intake and exhaust. Still pretty far from firing this thing up, the PO jacked up everything just enough to cause me a lot of work. I have some wiring to figure out before it will turn over.

It's alive! Kinda. It wont turn over with the key but that could be a million diferent things with this thing. I sprayed some starting fluid in the intake and jumped the solenoid and it fired up and ran.

Latest posts

Back