Need Help finding a bath tub that's less than 59" in length

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by thomaskristina, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jan 28, 2008 #1

thomaskristina

thomaskristina

thomaskristina

This forum has been incredibly useful to me in the past but this is my first post here!
    My husband and I are trying to finish our small cabin, and don't have enough room for a standard sized bath tub. I have searched quite a bit, but have not had much luck. Can anyone give us names of manufacturers that make smaller sized tubs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jan 28, 2008 #2

Hack

Hack

Hack

Do you want built in or free standing? There are free standing tubs in shorter lengths. Might look good in the cabin as well...

3. Jan 28, 2008 #3

inspectorD

inspectorD

inspectorD

Housebroken Staff Member Admin Moderator

Check out your local plumbing supply house. They sell 4'-6" tubs for those old homes.
    I have also just modified the studs at the non spout end.
    Also look into mobile home supply stores...or camper outlets.
    Have fun.

4. Jan 29, 2008 #4

trader12

trader12

trader12

Manufacturers only make things that they can sell. If they made a 58" tub they might only sell one, and that would be to your. If you cannot use a 60" tub, the next smaller commercial one is 54". Anything between the two measurements would have to be plastic and made locally. After this you can try Walk in Bath