New to the forum

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter01vekselman

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Peter, and I'm new at the forum, too.

Anyone into selling their homes after doing some repairs?

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Welcome Peter ... We fix houses which is why they can't be sold once we're done with them. Not safe to inhabit!

:D

A good home inspector can spot home repairs and changes and often ask for others inspections based on what he sees, I incourage homeowners to keep notes and photo's of the work they do to any of the systems of the house. If that's availlable during the inspection, he is more likely to be satisfied with what he sees. Once a home owner starts keeping records like this, he is more likely to do it right the first time. This is good even if you use contractors. And if something has to be fixed for a sale, so be it, nobody wants to by a house that is dangerous.

Nealtw

Great point and I was so happy I took pictures just for my own use down the road. At the time you think you will never forget what’s in that wall but it fades really fast. Nothing better than pulling out the photos and going oh ya I forgot where that pipe or wire went.

Things underground have a way of moving in your mind with time and age also. Saves a lot of digging to have some photos and some maps.

Back