Hi all, Hopefully this is the right section for this. I mentioned in a couple of other threads several months ago that we were getting ready for a kitchen renovation. It took a bit longer than we anticipated (doesn't everything?) but it's finally done! Not a perfect job by any means, but this is the most complex DIY project I've ever attempted and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out. Our home was built in 1964 and as far as we could tell the kitchen was original to the house. Typical 1960's style decor; harvest yellow linoleum flooring, turquoise (very faded) paint on the walls, built-in cabinets which went to the ceiling, and white "flecked" laminate counters complete with metal trim! I always expected to see Alice in there making 6 school lunches. Here's the before. There wasn't anything wrong structurally, but we really wanted to update the look. We began by deciding on a mainly neutral color scheme. We knew we wanted dark flooring with light cabinets, and as we went along in the design phase, we decided to do wallpaper, too. After tearing out all the old cabinetry and scraping up the old linoleum floor (ripping stuff up is fun!) I prepped the walls by removing an old chair rail, as well as all the door and window trim, then washed and sanded the walls well. We chose a sort of distressed plaster look. The pics don't show it well, but the wallpaper has a nice pearl sheen in certain lighting. Continued below.