Phones

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oldognewtrick

Nick, do you know anything about phones? My wife's LG V10 started going into boot loop last night. Tried removing the battery and reseting but it still just loops...hammer time?

This is why a friend of mine still uses two cans and a piece of string.:D

It is said that the only fix that has been effective to date is to put the handset into the freezer or put it in an oven with the oven on minimal heat. It seems that pulling the battery or doing a factory reset doesn’t help.

Unlike the LG G5 where owners only suffered from boot loops in the earlier batches, this time around it has been said that the problems with the V10 arrived ten months after the release of the device. The only good news is that the handsets are under warranty. Below is a U tube video on the warranty.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFfddrIMGk[/ame]

Let me know how you make out ..

Makes me miss flip phones even more.

I still have my flip phone . Have texting turned off . It is around 15 years old, same battery .. :)

I have found a large hammer as a good phone persuader.:Sabrefight:

Only had a one year warranty, she now has a LG6 with a two year warranty.....v10 is a paper weight now.

Did you try your freezer O ?

That only works until it warms up and isn't a permanent fix.

Back