Pool Timer Upgrade from Intermatic T-104

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar situation to that noted in the thread: https://www.houserepairtalk.com/threads/pool-timer.21245/

However, I would like to consider upgrading my Intermatic mechanical pool pump timer to an electronic one, and if not too expensive, potentially one which can be remote-controlled from my cell phone and/or a computer app. I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive.

The programming of the pool pump used to be controlled via a pilot program my public utility offered that permitted me to control all my HVAC units and the pool pump remotely. This pilot program was abandoned and the pool control reverted back to the old mechanical timer, which is located under the house in a tall crawlspace area. It is inconvenient to get to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rick

Jandy makes control units you can access through home wifi, by a phone app.
They can also control lights and other outlets.

There are also lots of “smart” outlets or devices you can plug into an outlet, and control through Alexa or Google home systems, or phone apps.
Many of them are not good with high wattage or big motor loads, so do some research.

Thanks, will check out Jandy. I have an appreciation the high wattage issue and would prefer a hard-wired solution.

Back