Project Vehicles

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not much although my daughter and I did get the gas tank installed as well as the filler neck and pop open gas cap. I wanted the tank in place so I could use the trunk for storage. but I ordered the total control rack and pinion conversion for her for christmas and I ordered the correct automatic brake pedal so I can get the pedals and steering column installed when I do the steering conversion. I also plan to get the engine built over christmas as I am taking a whole week off work. woohoo. I have a lot of vacation days left this year and if I don't use them I lose them. since I am a salaried employee I might as well use them right?

Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me! Im still trying to get my garage set up, so I wont be able to get any project vehicles in for a while.

not much although my daughter and I did get the gas tank installed as well as the filler neck and pop open gas cap. I wanted the tank in place so I could use the trunk for storage. but I ordered the total control rack and pinion conversion for her for christmas and I ordered the correct automatic brake pedal so I can get the pedals and steering column installed when I do the steering conversion. I also plan to get the engine built over christmas as I am taking a whole week off work. woohoo. I have a lot of vacation days left this year and if I don't use them I lose them. since I am a salaried employee I might as well use them right?

Sounds like a good plan. Let's see what your doing with some pictures over the holidays. Use that leave and enjoy geting the engine done, you earned it. ;)

It's cold down south here, been working inside.

A happy and safe holiday to you and yours.:)

Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me! Im still trying to get my garage set up, so I wont be able to get any project vehicles in for a while.

Hey Deek281,

Welcome.

Tell us your plans and post a picture of the before of your garage. Any toy projects also planned?

Best of luck to you and jump on in here.:thumbsup:

Thanks, Thomask. I will post a pic or two of my workshop and garage soon. Wife and I just bought a farmhouse with much renovation recently completed, so Garage is kind of on hold until funds become available. Have some basics, and will be buying upgrades and new stuff soon. I want to get my garage cleaned out from the move into the house before I start putting garage together.
My garage is 15x30 and is going to be the wife's. Mine will be the 40x60, two story(loft) workshop just north of the garage. The workshop will have to be done in stages, as funds allow. I have 4 kids, so money tends to be tight. First thing will be to shore up the structural integrity, then insulation and new roof though. The structure was build in 1890- something. Old farm house too. After that, new wiring will go in, and shop air supply.
Like I said, just getting garage started. I'd love some Ideas from the members on products and tips to use.
Thanks again,
Deek281

Deek281 we love to see progress pics. so take some now, start a thread and use it as a blog. like we do. that way you can keep track of the progress and we can watch, get ideas from you, and offer ideas from our experiences. Use this forum as a tool. it is very helpful I have found many ideas here.

1936 chevrolet 4 door sedan street rod in early stage......
bodyremoval020.jpg

what i have visions of it looking like in a few year!!!!
pic0267.jpg

very nice and cool project vettesplus. I asked in your intro up above what kinds of stuff you played with I guess I should have looked a bit further first.

btw thought I would post a pic of the engine we built for the 67. now I have to watch that tranny building dvd another dozen or so times. My Dad says we can rebuild this AOD ourselves. I have never rebuilt an automatic transmission before so I admit to being a bit nervous. but like dad says if it doesn't work we can still send it off as a core for a rebuild. and it will be good experience.

engine.jpg

1977 Impala coupe I did a frame swap from a 94 caprice so I could have the beefier suspension,drivetrain and keep the LT1 and hopefully keep the ABS.
IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0182-1.jpg

IMG_0211-2.jpg

wow impalla that is an ambitious project. will be very interesting when it is done. will you be going for the sleeper look or more wild?

well like I said before this is the very slow part of the job. I hate wiring. but I have a few more pictures to show that I have made some progress.

I put in all new taillights and backup lights with new chrome and wiring.

DSC00586.jpg

I still need to run the fuel sender wire and the license plate light wiring (when I install the bumper)

DSC00585.jpg

I powdercoated the latch hardware and installed the radiator and the ac condensor.

DSC00588.jpg

the new gauge cluster is wired and ready to install once I finish all the wiring.

DSC00583.jpg

I still have a bit more wiring to do. I need to wire the ac compressor and the high pressure shutoff. the wiring they sent with the kit is for a standard drivers side mounted ac compressor. with the march kit it is on the passenger side so that will need to be modified and routed somewhere less conspicuous. I also need to wire the speedometer sending unit and reverse indicator as well as the neutral safety switch. since I took this picture I have wrapped those wires and routed them and cleaned it up a bit more under the hood. I am not real happy with the heater hoses but with that shutoff for the ac it pretty much has to go this way. well anyway we will see.

DSC00581.jpg

once I finish wiring the ac system I will put on the sparkplug wires and drop a battery in and start testing the circuits. then just drop in the driveline fab up the exhaust and it will be time to try and start the beast. well probably next summer before I realistically have it running but it is coming along slowly but surely.

I am debating what to do with the interior. I have looked at reupholstering the seats myself but I want to use a set of 1970 highback buckets that I bought at a swapmeet years ago and I cant find upholstery that fits both the front and rear seats and has matching patterns and colors so I may have to have them custom upholstered.

HUMMER,

Thanks for sharing, great pics.

That's not a car, that's a LAND YACHT.:thumbsup:

Sorry I am not too up on gm products so forgive my ignorance please. but what exactly is that behemoth hummer?

Still lovin that truck. I wish I would have never gotten rid of my 73.

Back