Reversing Handicap Bathroom

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by jessicag, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Oct 12, 2007 #1

jessicag

jessicag

jessicag

Hello.

I am interested in buying a house. There are 2 showers in the master bathroom. The owners converted the garden tub into an oversized handicap shower.

I am not handicap and have no need for 2 showers in the master bath. I would like to convert the extra shower back into a tub, preferably a whirlpool tub.

Would that be a very difficult job to do, and would it be costly?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and regards,
    Jessica

2. Oct 12, 2007 #2

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Welcome Jessica:
    Yes, the change would involve some difficulty. Do you have a route to take the old shower out and even more important, will the route accomodate the whirlpool tub? If you get it done for less than $5,000 I will be surprised. Best wishes and please let us know how you came out.
    Glenn

3. Oct 12, 2007 #3

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

It is hard to say without a picture, there are a lot of conciderations like is the area big enough to fit a tub and how much is envolved in ceating a area big enough , is there access to the plubing and below the shower, can you get power there and so on. As Glenn mentioned I would allow at least $5000

4. Nov 1, 2007 #4

bathroomsolution

bathroomsolution

bathroomsolution

jessica:

you may be able to call upon the services of a specialty remodeler. Depending upon the area, a dealer for Re-Bath or similar one day bathroom remodelers may be able to help you out without tieing up your house for weeks to come.

I would budget anywhere between $5K and $10K.