Router table

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Steve123

Reaction score
That looks like a decent entry level table. I expect you will find it very useful. I do 90% of my router work on the table, but I suppose it depends on the type of tasks you do.

You can get much better tables and accessories (Google "Jessem Tool" ), but the one you show will do the job just fine too.

fixit7

Reaction score
I am making this one.

But I can figure out how you use it.

It seems like the fence face would need to be adjustable depending on the the work piece?

Johnboy555

Reaction score
I have used this one from Ryobi for years and have been very happy with it. It's $130, but can be picked up right at Home Depot .

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have a Craftsman I bought probably 20 years ago.

fixit7

Reaction score
I have used this one from Ryobi for years and have been very happy with it. It's $130, but can be picked up right at Home Depot .

Thanks.

I am working on this based on some plans I found.

A work in progress.

router_table.jpgrouter_table.jpg

Johnboy555

Reaction score
Just a thought ... you can get a 2' x 4' piece of melamine, about $15 at HD, to cut down to use for the top. It gives you a nice smooth/slick surface. Also easy to write on with pencil, you will be surprised how often you'll do that. Also ,check this out.

Reaction score
For a little job like this, also consider a trim router. Very light and easy to handle. Since getting this one from Harbor Freight I rarely bother to set up my full size router.

fixit7

Reaction score
Just a thought ... you can get a 2' x 4' piece of melamine, about $15 at HD, to cut down to use for the top. It gives you a nice smooth/slick surface. Also easy to write on with pencil, you will be surprised how often you'll do that. Also ,check this out.

Ok.

I can not figure out how to cut the circled half circle.

I have a hole saw but it's diameter is too large.

RouterTablePlans.png

Reaction score
Is oversize hole a problem other than for routing small pieces?

Jigsaw?

Drill closely spaced holes with small bit (less than 1/4 inch) just inside hole diameter, cut through holes with any small blade saw, then file/sand to final shape.

Johnboy555

Reaction score
Just use your jig saw, (formally known as a "saber saw" to us old guys. A "jigsaw" was what's now known as a "scroll saw". Who decides when to "rename" tools??)
Any way, it's just there for clearance for the router bit. So, make it just larger than the largest bit you would use. There are adjustable "fence" pieces that attach to it.

slownsteady

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Lay the inner and outer fences down, clamp them together and drill both half-circles in one shot.

or use a router table to cut them ;)

Latest posts