Screen Popping Out Of Storm Door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianeS

Reaction score
I have a kid who keeps popping out the screen on my storm door. Is there any way to reinforce it so that it can withstand being bumped into? I saw something called window screen retainer clips and I'm wondering if those could work. But I don't understand how they work and how to know which type would work on my storm door. There are several different option I've seen online. I'm linking a picture of my storm door for reference.

Storm Door.jpg

And, you've discovered the insistence of that related accomplishment, is?

I used the aluminum version and screws came in the pkg., so, call your local, "ACE IS THE PLACE", and ask.

Excellent idea! How do they install?
The legs that stick out you can cut off to the length you need and then drill a hole in each leg where needed. Then mark the door and drill a smaller hole for a self tapping screw.

They work well.

The ones I have are all aluminum and painted white.

I think you should get yourself a new door since this one is not safe. The crime rate in the US is already substantial enough (depending on the state), so I wouldn't take any chances and secure my home with at least a secure door. Install some commercial doors, they are cheap and reliable, also their look these doors are very decent, so if I were you I would consider this suggestion.

I think you should get yourself a new door since this one is not safe. The crime rate in the US is already substantial enough (depending on the state), so I wouldn't take any chances and secure my home with at least a secure door. Install some commercial doors, they are cheap and reliable, also their look these doors are very decent, so if I were you I would consider this suggestion.
It's my back door and this just the storm door. There is a much more secure exterior door covering it.

The crime rate in the US is already substantial enough (depending on the state) ...
If you check the statistics all types of crime are something like 1/3 of what they were 30 years ago, and in general are still going down. There is enough complexity that we will never know for sure why this huge decline occurred but I think this is the best explanation: An updated lead-crime roundup for 2018

Back