Search Engine Limitations

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
I often forget that search engines don't listen to my sentences but merely search for keywords and phrases much like the NSA monitoring of phone calls and social media. I have performed exhaustive searches for articles I have held in my hand in the past but apparently were never uploaded into cyberspace.

I'll just mention a couple of them. The first was an illustrated article in a Custom Car magazine showing how the inspiration for the clay mockup of what was destined was to become the 1949 Mercury was based on pictures of a chopped and channeled 1946 Ford coupe.

The other was a wolf-dog paper publication describing the research efforts of a small group of breeders who were desperately trying to recreate the extinct Red Wolf from Mexican Wolf and Coyote stock. Now they would have us believe the Red Wolf never became extinct. The same thing happened with the Butcher's Dog of Rottweil and Herr Dobermann's dog. They were recreated by hearsay and guesswork.

Last edited:
Every once in a while, Google will decide I am in Australia, and give me a bunch of Australian results.

You will get different results from different search engines. I normally use duckduckgo, but if I am not getting results I will try google.

Latest posts

Back