Shower Door Hinge Adjustments

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
The vinyl sweep across the bottom of door is separating from it's vinyl mounting channel after about six months time. Replaced the sweep twice in the last year and the last one is starting to fail.
Is it possible the shower door or hinges have settled downward over last 3-4 years ?
(The hinges are tight against the wall with no movement or play.)
Can the height of the glass above the threshold be adjusted in the hinges ?
Appreciate all responses, thank you in advance,
IMG_0682.JPG

Those type of hinges are a pressure captive and depending upon how the glass was cut to allow for the threaded capture plate to be fitted, you may be able to raise the glass, SLIGHTLY.

Other than that you may be able, through some entrepreneurial endeavor, remount the hinges, slightly higher.

Those type of hinges are a pressure captive and depending upon how the glass was cut to allow for the threaded capture plate to be fitted, you may be able to raise the glass, SLIGHTLY.

Other than that you may be able, through some entrepreneurial endeavor, remount the hinges, slightly higher.

Snoonyb, I appreciate the response. I will insert some door shims under the glass and check this out.
Also, One of the hinges makes a 'pop' or 'snap' sound as I open the door. I assume this is hard water deposits on the pivot pin or on the bores for the pivot pin that needs cleaning ?

If you suspect a calcium build up, apply some CLR.

If you suspect a calcium build up, apply some CLR.
I was thinking vinegar. This sounds better than what I was thinking. The CLR will address calcium, lime and rust (the triad of fixtures & plumbing). Thanks again.

Back