Shower pan in trailer loose

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerjohn1324

Reaction score
It pops up and down when stepped on, in the upper right corner and right side.

Attachments

• 0418181402_HDR.jpg
    0418181402_HDR.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 8
There's not that can be done unless your willing to pull the walls, door and pan out.

Joe's right if you want a fix, but there's a 'patch' which might work awhile; Drill a small hole on the outside near the loose area and dump in a couple cans of non-expanding spray foam. Do NOT use the expanding type or the pan will crack and break. Leave it alone for 24 hours then hope it lasts. Which if the floor is good under it might get you a couple more years.

Being a trailer the floor probably got wet and is now failing so the patch might only last a couple months or less. It's unlikely that there's a joist under the wall like a house, so a floor repair might need to extend into the room on the other side of the wall. The only decent fix is to redo the entire bath floor with a good subflooring like Advantek or 3/4" exterior-grade plywood then redo the shower with house-grade materials. Stuff made for trailers comes in two grades- awful and horrendous- and the sizing is non-standard so you have to use it unless you re-do it all.

I know that's not what you want to hear but I've done enough work on trailers to know what you're up against. Once they start giving trouble, trailers are a continuous renovation project- especially the floors and plumbing.

Phil

Please do not try that foam Idea.
#1, Where are you going to find non expanding foam?
#2, No way is it going to just flow down to what needs supporting.
#3, Once stepped on, foam compresses and is useless.
#4, Last thing you need is a hole that will not stay sealed.

Non-expanding foam is common in the US and not too hard to find. If you stick the nozzle all the way in you'll get most of it where it needs to go, it will flow back toward you as it fills. It sets up somewhat solid- not perfect but enough to keep movement to a minimum, and even thin trailer-grade pans should handle that for awhile. With the small hole on the outside of the pan, it won't see hardly any water and a dab of caulking will make it look decent.

As I said, it's a patch and not a fix. It may buy you enough time to save the money needed to do it right. I've done similar with tubs and I know it works, but not forever like a fix does. If you don't have any other alternatives it's worth the $15 it takes to try.

Phil

Latest posts

Back