Some tips about home lighting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledlight

Reaction score
Addition of big lights out side your home serve several purposes it doesn’t only enhance the look of your home after dark, but also work as a security against robbery and theft.Although most any lighting might help reduce your risk of becoming a victim; the right lights, utilized properly will be an extremely effective deterrent to burglars and other intruders and improve your home security.Light the areas around your home at night where someone could get close and break in. There are solar powered lights which can be used to cut down on your electric bill. Lighting can be attached to inexpensive motion detectors.

Thanks
Led Bulbs

You are right. Putting some lights outside your home can really improve the security of your home. You could also include surveillance cameras to give a great look if there are people entering your property. They can also help you trace the criminals if unluckily you are been a victim of those thieves.

Lights are very important especially at night. In our house, we do have solar powered lights and use it at night to save electricity!

I would just be wary of the inexpensive solar ones, as I've tried a few and they really don't store enough light to make it worthwhile.

Hey there,

I absolutely love this. Lighting is a very important tool to be recognized when considering the overall look and feel of your home. Whenever I'm designing a house, I certainly take the security question into mind. Thefts are much less likely to occur in a home that is well lit. However, for me, it's important to make sure these lights do not compromise the aesthetic quality of the home. Why not have a little fun with it? You can mix and match all different colors, sizes, and locations. With so many different types of lights out there, it'd be silly not to explore a little bit.

Furthermore, I truly agree with the solar-powered lights, especially for the lighter budget. They may not pour out quite as much energy, but they're much better for the environment, and the wallet.

Thanks for the great tips.

--Chris

Back