Squeeling / Whistling Toilet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psyduck

Reaction score
Hello All. I have done a search here, but my question wasn't quite answered yet.

The toilet flushes just fine. When filling, I get a high squeeling sound when filling. I just bought the house. Inside the toilet there is a fluidmaster value step up in there. So there is no ball inside. So I know it's not the ball causing the noise. The pipe inside filling the water looks like it is secure inside. Not sure what else it is.

Next, the flush handle is an older double flush valve. There are is a larger handle and a smaller handle inside that one. I want to change this out, but here is the problem. I can't get the handle off. I see where I can unscrew the big plastic washer, but the handle is in the way. There is nothing to unscrew from the inside of the tank. There appears to be a big silver sticker on the front of the handle. I'm assuming there is a screw there holding the handle on, but not 100% sure. Seems like a bad design, because what if you want to keep the handle on, then once you take the sticker off, then how do you cover it back up again?

Now back to the squeeling. Is it a pipe issue? I'm looking at the shut off valve and notice the water line going to the the tank is a hard piece of pipe, it's not one of those flexiable pipes. Could that be the issue also?

Thanks

It is probably the Fluidmaster Valve that needs replacement. I would also replace the flapper and the supply line as well while doing the Fluidmaster valve replacement. It's probably time...

Back