Swamp Cooler or Mini Split?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon Verity

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently thinking about getting a new cooling system for my sunroom, where the heat can get quite intense during the summer. I'm currently torn between a new ac mini-split or a swamp cooler, so thought I would ask those with a little more experience and knowledge.

Any advice would be appreciated.,

Thnks in advance

Your location would be very helpful. A swamp cooler in the SE would be useless as we're already a swamp and adding more water to the air doesn't make it cooler. A swamp cooler in NM or AZ can be quite useful.

MW but not sure if they are too bulky for my house, thinking about a Honeywell, they seem to have a good reputation overall, but not sure what model to choose. Although I also read that the same manufacturer makes units for LG, Honeywell and all the big brands, which makes me think I should just opt for a cheaper model?

I read a few reviews and this site: https://heattalk.com/cooling/best-evaporative-coolers/ also seems to think HW is good. What's your take? Are branded better?

While the unabridged version of "MW" (Merriam-Webster) can become heated in their definitions, Malawi is temperate in climate, the relative humidity affects the operation of evaporative coolers, so the sun room envelope, with regards to structure, and glazing may, out of necessity, dictate a mini=split or a Mitsubishi, as the best alternative.

Back