The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we are headed up to Ventura to help a small winery bottle, label, and box up a few pallets of wine. They supply the lunch and all you can drink wine. It should be a kick in the ***.

Learning how to navigate the reconfigured lap top. I miss the old style but the computer guru says this set up is much safer.

Learning how to navigate the reconfigured lap top. I miss the old style but the computer guru says this set up is much safer.

Apple? My Iphone updated yesterday and I was ready to smash it with a hammer, today I'm liking it again. All getting use to it I guess.

No, I was having problems with Google Chrome as my web browser. The geek (he's a friend) told me many folks are having problems with this, so he installed Sea monkey as my new browser. Problem is that I had valuable password information written in a code on the old browser, and he deleted everything. I've been working for the last 6 hours trying to get everything needed.

What deep thinkers men are... I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking. My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing and I said 'nothing'. The reason I said that instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she would have said 'about what'. At that point I would have to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics which would lead to other questions. Finally I thought about an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts. Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts." I rest my case. Time for another beer.

Still working on the 39. Today I installed the flush mount 3rd brake light. Ever hear that old adage; "it's cheaper to buy a hot rod than build one" ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! This is my 4th street/hot rod and the only one I made money on was a "WILD ROD" glass 37 Ford cabriolet. ONLY because I was a authorised dealer for them when they first started business and I got the roller at cost. Put a little over $34,000 in it and sold it for $56,000.

I've got enough in the one I'm building now to have purchased one. Corse, I KNOW how this one is built;)

View attachment 3rd Brake Light.jpg

That third brake light is really slick. Good job!

Me, I hung seven new doors in my vacation home. Have I told everyone how much I hate hanging doors?

I just got a text from my hunting buddy who just got his second deer of the season, must be nice to live in the woods.

Get off the computer and get into the woods.

Wish I could, had one of my better employees quit yesterday.

Wish I could, had one of my better employees quit yesterday.

I got a call yesterday from a former employee that had to leave and go back home. His mother had pancreatic cancer and he went to take care of her, he's on his way back and wants to go to work.

I had another employee not show up today but he has always been an idiot.

You could always try that guy who was calling you 24 times a day.

Thought about it but no. The job is like 10 minutes from your house, why don't you come by and work?

Come on now, you all are a bunch of meanies. I'll have you know so far in three days, I have painted 7 doors twice. I painted 7 full door jambs inside and outside and trim pieces with 4 coats of paint. I then hung all 7 doors and even drilled out for the lock sets. Since that job is done, tomorrow I will install granite in two bathrooms and while that is drying, I'm pulling 250 sq feet of carpet in 6 different locations and installing a click lock rubber flooring, then folding the existing carpeting under, so it will all mesh as a good looking floor. Once that is done, I'm installing new oil rubbed bronze faucets and resetting the sink bowls, then installing brand new tall, oblong toilets. This will be a treat for my sore knees!

Today I will bid a job than go out to the field for a bit than it is off to the mountains to go hunting.

Latest posts

Back