The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All too confusing to me. What is the good faith part, signing your house ? I thought " good faith " was money down to show your a buyer, not a looker.
Is this a warm climate thing, cause my brain is frozen on this concept. Sounds like he was working you for a sale / commission.

Yeah, I am confused as everyone is in here. Yes, his house went on the market again. It appears his "all cash" buyer decided at the last minute that he did not want the house. Well, with new vigor, I offered him $500 more than his asking price, and told him we could move as early as in 2 weeks, which is what his seller wants. We submitted him our $6K earnest money yesterday morning, and again, we wait. We wait for this seller to decide if he wants this money...or does he wait for the weekend to once again be over, with the hope of someone walking in and buying his home?

Yeah, I am confused as everyone is in here. Yes, his house went on the market again. It appears his "all cash" buyer decided at the last minute that he did not want the house. Well, with new vigor, I offered him $500 more than his asking price, and told him we could move as early as in 2 weeks, which is what his seller wants. We submitted him our $6K earnest money yesterday morning, and again, we wait. We wait for this seller to decide if he wants this money...or does he wait for the weekend to once again be over, with the hope of someone walking in and buying his home?

Well, I hope you get the house. I can understand the guy wanting to make as much money as he can, but to get someone to put their house up and then sell to someone else is a dick move.

Crossing my fingers for you and hoping everything goes smoothly.

My mom told me about the time she saw a house she and my dad loved. They put money down to buy it and everything, but it turned out that the lady who was selling it hadn't discussed the sale with her ex-husband and his name was still on it as well. He didn't want to sell. I think she also mentioned one house they went into that had mirrors on the ceiling, nude portraits all over the walls, and some other stuff that my prudish mother found offensive.

Meanwhile, I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this being sick crap. I'm breathing a bit better and the headaches aren't quite as bad. I slept for over 12 hours yesterday and I think it helped. Chronic fatigue is a pain in the ***, but I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow so I can get some cleaning done.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Well, so far, the penishead other realtor called my realtor a few minutes ago and gave us a verbal indication that they were going to accept our offer. It is an encouraging sign, but many more roads to cross.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Well, so far, the penishead other realtor called my realtor a few minutes ago and gave us a verbal indication that they were going to accept our offer. It is an encouraging sign, but many more roads to cross.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

And I am sooo ready to not be sick anymore. I know its TMI and embarrassing, but all the coughing just killed my bladder control and I've been having to wear Depends. They aren't as uncomfortable as I thought they would be and there were times when I had massive coughing fits before I could even sit up to run to the bathroom and was so glad that I had them.. But I'm really hoping that particular problem will go away. At least I can laugh at myself that I'm having to wear frickin' diapers, but man... not what I wanted to be doing at this point in my life.

I guess I need to find an avatar of a rabbit in a diaper now. :p

It is my opinion that if Depends are needed, it's time to get the doctor involved. Do you think it is possible that you are allergic to your lazy brother? :D

It is my opinion that if Depends are needed, it's time to get the doctor involved. Do you think it is possible that you are allergic to your lazy brother? :D

X2!!!!!

In all seriousness though I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. I'm still coughing stuff up, but my bladder seems to be more under control.

I got a little bit of cleaning done today, but I know I need to do more. I need to see if I can figure out what is wrong with the dryer.

And LOL! I love my brother, but the hypocrisy from him was a little much. I suppose I shouldn't let myself get angry about it and I should just be amused when he thinks he can lecture me on things.

I need to have people around me who are motivated and who can help me stay motivated.

I know there are people who do more and have worse situations and such, but ugh.... But I know I'm still pretty fortunate, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good day. And I hope Havasu can get a good deal on that house-- if the house is worth buying with all of the problems.

I really like the color combo Trophyman!

Came home this evening and as I was pulling up to the house there were several neighbors standing around the mailbox across the street. There was a kid about 12 laying on the ground and a car blocking the road. I took a blanket from the truck and covered him up till the ambulance came. Just checked with the neighbor a few minutes ago and the kids got a broken leg. Hope he learned not to run out in front of cars.

Trophyman, I have to agree with Rusty. WOW! That is gorgeous!

I'd love to see it when its finished. I didn't know it was possible to get a car that shiny.

I went to the doctor (the clerk sets the appointments so my mother and I have ours the same day near the same time since I drive my mother in and sit with her). I described my symptoms and said I'm almost through it and he gave some recommendations for food and otc medicines to take. He explained how to do some exercises that might help. My bladder has been behaving, so that is a good thing. I'm hoping this crud will be gone by the end of the week. My voice is still not back to normal quite yet.

Fippy is fully recovered and his fur is growing back.

I hope the "penishead" real estate agent doesn't give havasu anymore trouble.

Wow, that is going to be a knock out. Yesterdays style, todays flashy, durable, long lasting, paint combination. There are always a few minor gremlins in the process. Huge amount of hours to get them to look this nice.

Started interviewing some one of a Native American religion for my college World Religions class.

Finally I can take a little break. Haven't had a weekend to do what I want since December. with buying the new house, moving and getting the old house ready to rent I have been busy. That and work is busier than ever. Tomorrow I taking a half day at work as long as nothing hits the fan and I am going to attempt to organize the new garage a little. Then I am going to do some maintenance on the jeep and the travel trailer for a four day weekend next week for some R&R and jeeping and beer drinking, I can't wait!

Sure gonna miss this old garage.

View attachment image.jpg

That's a nice garage, Chris!

I apparently was wrong about getting better. My chronic fatigue decided to come back and kick my *** bigtime yesterday. I did not even wake up until it was almost 8pm. My poor dog didn't get her morning meds. I was only able to stay awake for about an hour and a half before I was too exhausted and headed back to bed. Didn't wake up again until almost 3am this morning and I still feel exhausted.

I'm hoping it will pass soon and that I'll have more energy and that this feeling dizzy crap will go away.

anyone heard from havasu on the status of the house buying?

Zanne...time to get a full blood test to see what hidden ailments you have.

Regarding the house, after weeks of highs and lows, combined with completely unrealistic sellers and a complete *** of a seller's real estate agent, I finally raised the white flag and signed the cancellation of contract papers yesterday. I am once again looking for a new house to buy.

Back