The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot a turkey at the store and take it home? Do you have to drive to a different state to do your turkey hunting?

Same state. California is tall. My buddy owns a bunch of land where we go. I am contemplating backing out on this trip again. I look at my property and I have so much to do I shouldn't be leaving.

Let's get that jeep running. Wear long sleeves to use as a snot rag.

It should be movingby saturday afternoon as long as I can hold off this cold. I need to put rear springs and shackles on it and a gas tank skid and new trailer hitch. Need to replace a slave cylinder on the rear axle and cut and weld up some new driveshafts. Then I need to clean the carb since it has been sitting for a few years it wont start now. After all that I need to pull the carpet the rest of the way out and weld in some unibody parts I took out of the donor jeep to be able to mount the new seats properly. Then put it all back together and test drive it. am sure I will have another complete list after that of stuff to do. I need to find a front diff cap that fits, I lost the original somewhere. Or I have to drain and pull the diff cover off and toss on a different one.

Hope you get feeling better soon, Chris.

Power company came by to put in a new meter box this morning. I had no warning and my computer got shut off.

Then they discovered that all of the power surges had fried something in their meter box and they couldn't leave the power on without risking a short that could create a fire. They also said my crape mertle tree was too close to the wires and they wanted it cut down. So, we had to wait for some guys to cut down the trees (leaving the debris in the yard) and then for the electricians to arrive to replace the box and then they had to call the power company back to have them come turn the power back on. Power was out for several hours.

I went into town to pick up mail and was hoping to pick up 2015 tax forms for my state because even though we paid for the H&R block tax forms for state, it wouldn't let us file electronically, the software kept erasing the data we entered into certain fields-- causing the end results to be incorrect so the printouts weren't right, we couldn't get just the blank forms to print, and the post office no longer carries tax forms. I went to the library only to find it is closed for construction. H&R block office only has forms on computer and say they are not affiliated with the online software stuff. So, I'm trying to figure out where the hell to get the forms.

On the way back home, I saw the poor electricians had broken down on the side of the road. They said they had a tow truck coming to get them.

One of the electricians was cracking me up because he said "Oh My Godzilla!" instead of "Oh My God". He substituted with "Godzilla" every time.

My cow wanted to play with all of the new visitors, so I had to stand around singing her a lullaby and petting her (which I did when she was little) to distract her.

I pulled my lower back so hard it made a loud POP noise and could barely walk to make it to my bed. Hurts all the way through my pelvis and hips. I'm using an ice pack (which my brother brought me when he got home from work) and I took several pain meds, but it's still sucking.
I just had to grab my pantleg and pull to get my legs close enough to pull my socks off. Bleh.

Bought another pump BB gun on FB for $10 today. I always start my grandkids shooting on them.

Rusty, hope your grandkids have fun with the BB gun.

I ended up going to the ER and wasting over 4 hours. I think they thought I was a drug addict there to score pain meds. They didn't even do the x-rays til almost 7am and I got there around 4am. They made me pee in a cup (claiming they wanted to make sure I wasn't pregnant) before they would even do an x-ray-- but they waited an hour to ask me to do that and then it took another hour for the results. Then I didn't get out of there until almost 9 and when I mentioned I had started having chest pains, they said they weren't going to treat me. Said "We can't treat you here if you're having chest pain." Nevermind that another guy had just come in with chest pain.

They said essentially what happened was that a ligament must have snagged somehow and then pulled like an elastic band and snapped back down on my muscles, causing them to bruise (which is what accounted for the POP noise my mother heard).

I was given one pill that they claimed was a narcotic but it did absolutely nothing. The prescribed 800mg of Ibuprofen and some muscle relaxant. Good thing I still had some stuff left over from the car accident. I've been taking the Tramdol every 4 hours.

Got a heating pad on my lower back and am trying to not stress my back.

Today I went out and bought a new pump and hosing for my water trailer since the thieves figured they wanted it more than us. I am welding it on this time.

Today I went out and bought a new pump and hosing for my water trailer since the thieves figured they wanted it more than us. I am welding it on this time.

Still think it's time for a big, mean, hungry dog.

I let it be known here that I shoot trespassers and have had no problem since.

Cutting grass. My yard and my daughter's yard.

Must be thick or it would run down toward the truck laying on its side. :D

You would be more impressed if you knew how I got this roller to not fall off.

Delicate eye surgery in progress. Electric motor armatures cleaned, new brushes, bearings cleaned and lubed ( even though they are bronze ) assembled with stops adjusted. Not your ten minute headlamp adjustment.

View attachment IMG_2191.jpg

Broke my backup bike this morning

Had to hike out 3 miles and I didn't want to get passed by my riding buddies and I had a good lead so I did a lot of running with the bike and dead sticking the downhills. Made it back with about 10 min to spare.

Back