Washer flooded, need help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

affan habib

Reaction score
I had a bad water problem. Dont know how it happened, but my washing machine was making loud noise for few seconds during spinning cycle. After that the cycle apparently completed. After couple of loads, it shows the nf code. I turned the power button off and restarted the load. The next thing I noticed water dripping thru the ketchen ceiling (my washer is on the 2nd floor). There was water on the tray on which the washer stands. Water was on the area sorrounding the washer. I contacted a contractor to fix the water damage. They removed the washer and put fans, dehumidifier to dry the area. Now I see a pipe coming thru a small opening of the floor. The pipe is kind of loose. But I know my washer drain hose pipe drains into a hole next to the water valve. The tray also has a small opening. I am confused about the pipe that comes thru the floor. My appliance technician will come next week. However, I want to have some idea what might have caused the water issue. I am attaching the picture of the pipe coming thru the floor as well as the drain outlet next to the water valve. Does the washing machine use both pupes to drain water? I checked the usee manual (mine is samsung, about 3 yrs old) and it looks like it has only one drain hose that goes to a outlet (in my case, that is next to the water valve). Any thought?

Attachments

• 20200307_095912.jpg
    20200307_095912.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200307_095855.jpg
    20200307_095855.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 8
Jeff Handy did a good job of covering this on tour other post about the same issue. I would only be repeating what he said.

I had a bad water problem. Dont know how it happened, but my washing machine was making loud noise for few seconds during spinning cycle. After that the cycle apparently completed. After couple of loads, it shows the nf code. I turned the power button off and restarted the load. The next thing I noticed water dripping thru the ketchen ceiling (my washer is on the 2nd floor). There was water on the tray on which the washer stands. Water was on the area sorrounding the washer. I contacted a contractor to fix the water damage. They removed the washer and put fans, dehumidifier to dry the area. Now I see a pipe coming thru a small opening of the floor. The pipe is kind of loose. But I know my washer drain hose pipe drains into a hole next to the water valve. The tray also has a small opening. I am confused about the pipe that comes thru the floor. My appliance technician will come next week. However, I want to have some idea what might have caused the water issue. I am attaching the picture of the pipe coming thru the floor as well as the drain outlet next to the water valve. Does the washing machine use both pupes to drain water? I checked the usee manual (mine is samsung, about 3 yrs old) and it looks like it has only one drain hose that goes to a outlet (in my case, that is next to the water valve). Any thought?
So u had a pan under the wash and the pan wasn't connected to any type of drain? The pipe could be for the tray that was under washer.

Back