Water feature

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I am building a deck. The deck will be under where my outdoor water faucet is. I was thinking of having some sort of water feature that when the excess water is dripping out of it, it does not just go to the deck and rot it. Any suggestions?

Pressure treated or composite decking won’t rot from stray hose water.

A water garden or container pond sitting right at the house is a poor place to site it.

You want to be able to sit on the deck and look out to the yard and see and hear it.
A better location is at the outer edge of the deck, or just past it in the lawn.

You can place a bucket or decorative container under your spigot to collect stray water, then dump it onto your veggies or flowers.
Or into a bird bath.

Pressure treated or composite decking won’t rot from stray hose water.

A water garden or container pond sitting right at the house is a poor place to site it.

You want to be able to sit on the deck and look out to the yard and see and hear it.
A better location is at the outer edge of the deck, or just past it in the lawn.

You can place a bucket or decorative container under your spigot to collect stray water, then dump it onto your veggies or flowers.
Or into a bird bath.

I was thinking of something small. Maybe a square foot or so.

Back