welcome to the doghouse

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They require the turbo belts be replaced every 5-10,000 miles. The tires are "z" rated, are tapered to the quadrant they fit on, and are so soft they need to be replaced every 10,000 miles.

Sounds like a dumb car to own. I'll stick with my bicycle.

It was dumb, but sure was fun. I had one of those rice grinders challenge me at the end of a freeway once. I blew his doors away at 160 MPH.

Must have been the 210, thats the only freeway I know of with a speed limit like that.

Exactly. From Lone Hill to Foothill in La Verne. My house (soon the ex's house) is just north of Foothill at the old end of the 210.

Exactly. From Lone Hill to Foothill in La Verne. My house (soon the ex's house) is just north of Foothill at the old end of the 210.

Thought that chapter closed in your life already.

Still waiting for her to get a loan to buy me out of the house. THEN, I need to get yet ANOTHER attorney to kill the Living Will and Trust, THEN transfer the cars and boats into just my name, THEN transfer her house into her name and transfer the Havasu house into my name. Going on 4 years, yeah, I'm also tired of the long process.

I'm still working on my moms stuff trying to get names changed and all that, its a pain.

Yes, it certainly is.

They require the turbo belts be replaced every 5-10,000 miles. The tires are "z" rated, are tapered to the quadrant they fit on, and are so soft they need to be replaced every 10,000 miles.

porsche has a belt for the turbo? how exactly does that work?

Can't work too well if you have to keep working on it. Heck my last diesel made almost 400k and is still running on the original.

so he meant the accessory drive serpentine belt, I thought he was saying there was some kind of a belt on the turbo and I could not figure out what that was supposed to do lol.

That must have been it. I purchased it after the belt change and when I went to get the oil changed, and they pointed to the belts that needed replaced, I sold it.

There were two belts, which went to the tops of the belts, so I'm guessing that was what it was. If the belts slipped a tooth, you would lunch your engine. This is why they recommended replacements often.

got a bit done on the stroker engine.

first we lube up all the cam journals and carefully slide in the cam. Dad likes to put the cam in first so that you can reach in and use both hands to slide the cam in.

lock down the the cam retaining plate. this engine uses a torrington bearing behind the timing gear so we have to use special screws and the plate has to be machined properly to accept them.

next install the main bearings and lube them with royal purple max tuff assembly lube.

then we check the main bearing clearance with plastigauge. all the clearances were within spec.

once that was confirmed we torqued the main bearing studs down in stages to 80 foot pounds.

then installed the pistons.

I really like this tapered ring compressor it works very nicely. make sure the rods are facing properly.

then put the timing chain on and degree in the cam.

then we had to go get my truck from the dealership. they got the bedliner in and the chrome rocker moldings. did not have time to get

then we had to go get my truck from the dealership. they got the bedliner in and the chrome rocker moldings. they did not wash it when they were done so I will have to do that tomorrow, but here is a quick pic of how it looks now.

I have never seen the chrome rocker moldings. I like it.

I like the chrome. it is a dealer option. I saw it on a blue truck and liked it a lot. I also put the tonneau cover on it. I like those truxedo tonneau covers. I am really loving this truck so far. everything works so nicely. my wife does not like red vehicles for some reason but she even said she loves it. it is so quiet, especially compared to the diesel lol. the handsfree phone works so well and I am so used to my other vehicles she had to tell me I did not need to shout. most everything is voice activated so it is easy. I was not sold on that ecoboost engine. but you really can't hear the turbo and it just feels like a very powerful v-8. gas mileage is not awesome but not terrible I am getting about 17.5 mpg average so I won't complain. I am not used to such luxury I almost feel guilty driving it.

Latest posts

Back