welcome to the doghouse

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very good. I've always wanted a mustang, but I've never found the right one.

sorry I haven't posted for a while. I have not really done much on the garage. I did finish up the 67 project. It turned out well. My Daughter has won 2 first place trophy's so far. here are some of the finished pictures.
DSC00712-1.jpg

12008-2.jpg

12006-3.jpg

13003.jpg

08e9784c.jpg

Excellent. First place huh? Congrats!

I like the "hand" e-brake over the foot style. Like the 'Stang, and your daughter looks mighty proud!

I decided to put a limited slip differential and 3.73 gears into my 89 mustang convertible the other day. wow did that ever wake that little car up. makes it a lot more fun to drive. I also replaced the valve cover gaskets that were leaking and put a set of chrome valve covers on while i was there. I also replaced the pcv valve and screen. now that big puddle of oil is gone yeaah. but since I was swapping gears around I bought a cheapo harbor freight 12 ton press. I always wanted a hydraulic press and they were practically giving these away. it did the job. certainly no high quality piece of equipment but it is small and fits in my shop without taking up much room.

oh and I got my garage alienware laptop fixed:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin: It is so much faster than my old desktop it is amazing.

Awesome car Mustanggarage!
Congrats on the trophys, your daughter sure looks happy.
Cheers!
Mickm

Have to agree with the rest, awesome. You have the garage I always wanted. :thumbsup:

thanks for all the nice comments guys. My Dad and I like to play around out here. I rarely go in the house anymore. My kids hog the downstairs tv, my wife has the one in the bedroom. so there really isn't anything for me to do inside after work so I go outside to the garage. hang out with the dogs. play computer games or watch movies. now I have a wifi capable DVD player so I watch netflix or vudu movies etc. I have the bathroom and my fridge etc. out here. I go inside to eat and sleep otherwise even when I don't have a project to work on I am out here just hanging out with the buddies. life is pretty good some days.

I also redid the interior on the 89 mustang. the old upholstery was terrible so I bought some new upholstery and cleaned the interior thoroughly. next I want to get one of those svo hoods for it. just a little scoop but still stock looking.

here are some pics of the interior progress,

stang011.jpg

stang010.jpg

stang009.jpg

15008.jpg

now with the new gears and getting the oil leak fixed this car is a fun little toy. I drove it to work most of the summer.

here is a pic of the hood I want to put on it, what do you think?
http://www.cjponyparts.com/cervini-1-5-svo-hood-paintable-1987-1993/p/HD108/

View attachment HD108.jpg

ok well I have been working on some little things here and there lately and I got really annoyed at the way I had my pry bars arranged so I found these little clips at home depot and took a piece of scrap wood and made a stupid little holder for all my pry bars. I tell you it is not a big deal but I kept knocking the things off when I was trying to get other things and it really was annoying. this 5 minute fix makes a significant reduction in my irritation factor lol. yeah I could paint it to match my cupboards and stuff to make it look better, but this is a garage not a fashion show lol.

DSC01393.jpg

Why did you need the piece of wood? How is the wood mounted to the pegboard?

peg board obviously has to have a bit of space behind it to poke the hooks through lol. I just have the peg board screwed to a stud wall and have insulation behind it. so I could not attach the clips to the peg board, it would not hold. so I attached it to the piece of wood and then screwed the wood to one of the studs. it is held very sturdily so I can pull the prybars loose and it will not pull anything out of the pegboard.

Sounds like a plan. Organization is the key to a good shop area. Also you can use the magnetic tool strips that can also be attached to peg board in same fashion. They also work good in drawers to keep small tools organized and not rolling around. Watch for them on sale (HF) and pick up a couple.

I have been thinking of mounting one in the kitchen pantry to have a couple screwdirvers, pliers and small hammer handy for in house repairs. Maybe add a tape measure and a small crescent wrench, too.

:D

I have been thinking of mounting one in the kitchen pantry to have a couple screwdirvers, pliers and small hammer handy for in house repairs. Maybe add a tape measure and a small crescent wrench, too.

:D

OMG my wife would kill me! lol

OMG my wife would kill me! lol

Hey OMG, I am doing this for my wife, it might just keep her out of the tools in the garage when she needs something fixed in the house. I know it can save me time on "honey do" items! You amy have noticed from my aviatar I keep a pretty tight tool box there.

The GR philosophy of Happiness in a Home with a Garage. IMO sometimes it's all about how you sell your project, not what your project entails.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for happiness welcome.

LOL :eek: :D :) :rolleyes:

Hey OMG, I am doing this for my wife, it might just keep her out of the tools in the garage when she needs something fixed in the house. I know it can save me time on "honey do" items! You amy have noticed from my aviatar I keep a pretty tight tool box there.

The GR philosophy of Happiness in a Home with a Garage. IMO sometimes it's all about how you sell your project, not what your project entails.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for happiness welcome.

LOL :eek: :D :) :rolleyes:

I just trained mine to put the tools back where she got them.

My father in law gave my wife a small little tool box when she went to college. it has a decent selection of tools that you need around the house. I supplemented it with a few things I needed a lot and we keep that in the house. it is her toolbox and she is every bit as particular about making sure her tools are put up as I am.

I can't wait. I just won an auction on ebay. it is for a 1990 jeep wrangler. I have missed my wrangler since I had to sell it when I moved to iowa, this little cherokee I was going to fix up has a ton of rust in the body and paint and body work just are not my forte' I am good at the mechanical stuff so I think I will swap my 4.0 engine out of the cherokee since I just rebuilt it, and possibly use the axles off the cherokee as well. strip all the good stuff off and then sell the rest for scrap. the wrangler has an inline 6 but it is the carbureted version, and it has the craptastic dana 35 rear axle and the vaccuum activated front axle. the cherokee has the chrysler 8.25 and the front axle does not have the vacuum activation thing, they both have 3.07 gears so other than putting spring perches on the cherokee front axle they will bolt right in. I am not sure what transfer case the wrangler has in it, but I know it has the tf999 transmission which does not have overdrive. it is a decent transmission for what I need however and since it is not computer controlled I don't think I will have too much difficulty swapping everything over. but the wrangler is in running condition so I will probably just drive it for a while and see what all needs fixing. unfortunately it is clear over in youngstown ohio so I am going to have to have it shipped.

Latest posts

Back