What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m trying to move this new vanity into the lawn shed before the rain comes tonight. It’s 6’ long with a granite top so it weighs a lot. Come-alongs, levers, rollers and jacks involved here.

264C1F70-5228-4939-A9B3-046AF329CF89.jpeg
Getting it down to the lawn shed is a little bit of a challenge. It’s pretty steep.

83D5F726-AB8F-4CCA-B1B4-FA4AEE1F755B.jpeg

Put it on the handy Harbor Freight dollies made it easy to move around now.

461F0035-210B-4C44-BEC5-E60C30FE5A87.jpeg

It was windmills! They cause cancer and break windows! :p

Thanks, Redneckgrump. I hope you continue to improve.

Ron, I'm still loving that carport. I think it technically counts as a carriage house. I was looking at building plans for something like that not too long ago. I am curious to see that vanity. Will it get installed soon?

My brother has started training with our friend & was in a better mood when he got home- although he said he had to deal with a "Karen" who wouldn't leave him alone to do his work and argued when he repeatedly told her that the holdup was the software and the software wasn't ready yet because the people making the software didn't expect the hardware to be ready until next week. She kept whining about how much she paid and how her kids wanted to play on games & he said none of that changed the facts. Anyway, he's feeling better and is starting to take an interest in electrical in the house because he's learning electrical for the machines at work. He wanted a flathead screwdriver last night to see if he could remove the outlet extender. I used a power sensor pen & found that power was going to the light switch after he tried to remove the screw (but the driver was too small to get a good grip). So, the light in the kitchen and pantry are back on, but an outlet tester (which made lights blink on and off when pressed in) said all the ports were dead. Later on I'm going to see if we can determine which breaker the thing is on by having someone stand by with the pen and have the other person flip breakers off and on.

I'm about to go cook for Mom.

I am curious to see that vanity. Will it get installed soon?
Ruby wants me to wait until after the holidays so the house won’t be torn up like it was last year. It’s going to be a big job for what I have planned. A lot of plumbing will need to be re-done. Right now, there is a fair amount of cast iron drain pipe under the house. I’m going to have to replace it all with either ABS or PVC and build a branch line for a new bathroom that doesn’t exist now. The water supply lines won’t be too bad because I’ll use Pex.

My brother has started training with our friend & was in a better mood when he got home- . Anyway, he's feeling better and is starting to take an interest in electrical in the house because he's learning electrical for the machines at work. He wanted a flathead screwdriver last night to see if he could remove the outlet extender..
Let’s hope he gets motivated to help around the house!

Could be true... but put that joint down and walk away from it, anyway...
Apparently someone made the joke already:

ae801afc4f7f3bc83e8707ff5710d1fea277870315d61fa452d37e121c450ffb.jpg

Good Morning Folks, Very early... Having trouble sleeping tonight, so thought I'd get on the computer, check things out, and maybe make the old eyes fall to sleep... time will tell...

Well, I and the wife went out for a dinner for the first time in 14 years... It was a date night... Had a GREAT dinner at the new Mexi's in town... We've e gone out for dinner other times, but usually, with other couples or family members, this was just me and me Lady... Had a GREAT time...Decided we are going to go out once a month from now on...

Was able to get one more coat of the ceramic wax on the truck yesterday, and got her all shiny... She looks good, was able to buff out most of the scuff marks of someone letting a shopping car bounce off the driver's door... Just love to catch them once... just once... Need to touch a few spots up with touch-up paint... But no sense, next spring's job, with talking freezing rain and snow in the next few days... But still November 11th, and she is 17C outside right now...But like I said, they are talking Freezing rain and snow this weekend... So winter is coming...

Well, that's about all I can think of right now... Hope YOU all have a GREAT Friday... and want to yell a BIG thank you to all our Veterans and the ones who are Fighting for our countries today... Thank you!!

Cheers~

Well, I and the wife went out for a dinner for the first time in 14 years... It was a date night... Had a GREAT dinner at the new Mexi's in town...
Date night is important IMHO. Ruby and I need to do it more often... The mexican might explain your insomnia!

But still November 11th, and she is 17C outside right now...But like I said, they are talking Freezing rain and snow this weekend... So winter is coming...
So what's 17c? About 500 Fahrenheit? Let's see, ((17X 9) / 5) + 32 = 66.2 degrees F . . .Ahh, Not bad! Our high yesterday was 75F (24C) but the forecast is for 67F (19.4C) today but only a high of 48F (9C) tomorrow. The Ice Age is coming!
l a BIG thank you to all our Veterans and the ones who are Fighting for our countries today... Thank you!!

So, I spoke too soon about the light in the kitchen and pantry. They went out again. So, something is just not connected properly.
I woke up with 9 and both dogs on my bed. The larger dog was kicking me in her sleep. I have my window open so its colder than usual. Got up and fed them, ran out in the bag I was feeding them with so had to go open a new one. They were impatient about it. Found a bunch of dishes on the floor and discovered one or more of them got into the cabinet, knocked stuff out, pulled up the shelf liner and used the shelves as litterboxes. So, I'll have to get up on a stepladder later on and clean all that out and get some doublesided tape to get the shelf liner back in place.
Trying to motivate myself to move.

Redneck, glad you and your wife got to go out on a date night.

Ron, it sucks that you have to get that replaced but I'm glad it didn't spray glass everywhere when it broke. Even with the special stuff to make it safer, it is a pita to clean up. I found that out from experience.

Hope everyone is having a good morning.

Oh, I chatted with my friend briefly and he confirmed the paternity results showed that the new baby is not his. We all knew that, but now he has the proof. Unfortunately, he's letting the cheating bint manipulate him by claiming she's afraid of the bio dad. She lies to him about people to turn him against them. She learned that tactic from her adopted mother. She was lying to the other guy bout my friend to make the other guy hate my friend and feel protective of her. Now she's pulling the same bs and lying about the guy to my friend. Yeah, he apparently does message her a LOT, but he wants to see his baby. He's also diagnosed with mental illness- which she knew before she purposely got pregnant from him. She did it bc she knew my friend would take her back in bc he feels he has to be everyone's savior/protector. Even when people have wronged him, he has a hard time telling them "no".

My brother has started training with our friend & was in a better mood when he got home- . Anyway, he's feeling better and is starting to take an interest in electrical in the house because he's learning electrical for the machines at work. He wanted a flathead screwdriver last night to see if he could remove the outlet extender.
Glad to see your brother may be growing up a little... don't know how you're fixed for tools, but that little kit I got for my car trunk can come in handy... HF is back to putting it on sale occasionally for $29.95 again...
https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-set-with-case-130-piece-63248.html

Well, I and the wife went out for a dinner for the first time in 14 years... It was a date night... Had a GREAT dinner at the new Mexi's in town... We've e gone out for dinner other times, but usually, with other couples or family members, this was just me and me Lady... Had a GREAT time...Decided we are going to go out once a month from now on...

Need to touch a few spots up with touch-up paint... But no sense, next spring's job,

and want to yell a BIG thank you to all our Veterans and the ones who are Fighting for our countries today... Thank you!!
A lady I talk to online but never met yet wanted me to meet her at a Mexican restaurant last night but i was too tired after getting life under control yesterday... I was going to help a buddy after his hernia surgery but that has been put off for prolly a month now... horrible... he can't do anything without pains... hernia surgeon says it has to be approved by his cardiologist who he wasn't able to slip in to see for a moment...
If any chips are to bare metal, put tape over them to protect from moisture/rust in the meantime... a gram of protection is worth a ton of cure...
And we war veterans appreciate the recognition... and hope you help remove the unneeded causes of wars...

We have a lot of tools, but we can never find them when we need them. They will be floating around when we don't need them and then when we go to use them they disappear.

That is a nice tool kit though.

Latest posts

Back