What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KInda like Trump's FL estate.
Does Trump have a Florida estate? I thought he only stayed at times at the clubhouse of his Mar-A-Lago Golf Course... which the city tried to throw him out of saying the place was only licensed for like brief weekend golf outings/tournament stays, etc...

You sound a bit psychotic yourself at least as evidenced by your writing skills.
I suspect, like most people, you don't know what psychotic really means...
To put it simply: psychotics think unreal things are real...

Weird story: ill copilot jumps from skydiving plane without a parachute... may have damaged the plane before leaving...
https://truenews.media/2022/08/17/pilot-jumps-from-plane-after-damaging-landing-gear
I remember this story but the version I read said the copilot was going to inspect the damaged gear by lowering the ramp and looking at it before he jumped out. Still pretty bizarre.

One evening, I was flying back to my base at KSAC and I heard the control tower talking to the Intel Corp. Twin Otter. This was unusual because the Intel airplane was based out of the next airport over, Mather field. The Intel pilots said they needed to land to check a “open door” warning light. When I landed a few minutes later, I could see the Intel airplane on the ramp and a pilot was walking around the airplane looking at it. I parked my airplane and went home thinking everything had been handled properly and they had it under control.

The next day “The rest of the story” came out.

The pilot took off from KSAC and headed to his original destination of KSJC (San Jose, Ca). When he landed, a ramp person was helping to deplane the passengers (all Intel personnel) and according to his manifest, there was a passenger missing. That’s when another passenger (an Asian guy) says, yeah, She jumped out! Apparently, the reason the door open warning light came on is because a woman opened the door and jumped out. They found her body in a field just South of Sacramento.

This story raises all kinds of questions about human nature. Why wouldn’t the guy who witnessed this be screaming at the top of his lungs? Why would he wait until they landed to mention it? Why would she jump?

Read story here

Buzz, I think you should play with an Ouija board and find out how "unreal" things really are.

I agree, for psychoanalysis, for most of us... maybe a handwriting expert would see it differently...
"The present state of knowledge on this topic can best be described by saying its use in applied settings is premature. Although the literature on this topic suffers from significant methodological negligence, the general trend of findings is to suggest that graphology is not a viable assessment method."

https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1983.tb00127.x
In other words, a handwriting expert might see it differently, but most other experts would see the handwriting expert as a charlatan.

I was in the army with Jerome Rom who spent a lot of time practicing his signature. That's what prompted me to begin my lifetime observation of signatures. Rom BTW had completed pre-med before the army. It did cause me to remember his name.

MGB GT with Olds 215 V8 I would take a look at this if it were nearby.
US Classifieds4All
I would take a look at this if it were nearby.

Last edited:
Handwriting in those days was very cool. They seemed very proud of themselves and not one wrote BLM either!

MGB GT with Olds 215 V8 I would take a look at this if it were nearby.
US Classifieds4All
I would have preferred the Olds version of the 1950 Buick aluminum V8 but the Olds version was too wide and the valve covers would have almost touched the body rails on a Midget, preventing access to the spark plugs, exhaust bolts, etc. below the valve covers.
Buick was into designing narrow V8's to replace their narrow straight 8's in their cars... thus the 'nail head' Buick V8's... later replaced with the more efficient Olds looking Buick V8's about 1966...
The Buick aluminum V8 looked narrow and upright like an iron 'nail head', but wasn't, actually made HP same or more easily than the Olds version, so not a problem for my purposes. Buick vs Olds versions:
https://www.teambuick.com/reference/library/images/215_hrm_1.gif

Handwriting in those days was very cool. They seemed very proud of themselves and not one wrote BLM either!
Founders Jefferson and Madison expected everyone to be equal before the law as soon as it could be made acceptable to everyone...
Jefferson's wife was half white/half black... after she passed, he took up with her black sister... had children with both...

This story raises all kinds of questions about human nature. Why wouldn’t the guy who witnessed this be screaming at the top of his lungs? Why would he wait until they landed to mention it? Why would she jump?
I remember that article. Reminds me of an episode of The Rockford Files where the mafia guy tells Rockford he's going to be jumping out of a plane without a parachute... like what happened to another guy... fortunately his buddy Angel was stowed away in the rear luggage area and broke things up...

Email from my buddy in Florida:
"Three months later, and they're still finding bodies in the swamps and mangroves (from Hurricane Ian)"...

My brother asked me to go pick up his RX bc he had to go to work and wouldn't be back in time. Grabbed a few more groceries. Popped in to see my friend as he was assembling the bed for his daughter. She as very excited about it. She was saying she needs a mattress now. I told her it is already ordered and on the way. She's happy. She loves her new bed and said she doesn't even need it painted. My friend gave her his computer, desk, and chair and put them under the loft bed. He was running into a snag with one side of the bed not going down to secure and I noticed the shelf unit was in the way. He had to get it around the shelf enough to make it sit properly. Bed takes up most of what will be left of the room but the kid is happy she'll have some privacy.
The kitties at his house wanted to go home with me. They ran to my truck and I had to go back and get them fed so they wouldn't chase me.

Kitties at my house were all over me last night bc it was chilly again. I cooked for mom and then just before midnight she woke me up wanting me to cook again. I've been trying to keep more regular sleeping hours. Setup an appointment to see my doctor on Monday.

Odd thing in the house-- the ceiling in the kitchen over the dining area is falling down. That section of the kitchen is separated by a support beam bc I think it is load-bearing. The wooden trim has been sagging for years and the tiles started sagging years ago. A week or so back one of the tiles fell. Last night the wood trim dropped. I'm hoping it is just gravity and nto that something is wrong with the roof. The wood trim was right next to the horizontal support beam (not sure of the term for it). There doesn't appear to be any water or moisture. I did notice a very faint dead animal smell but couldn't tell if it was from the attic or the trash. I wonder if some critter got up in there and died.

Got some kind of paper over the wood where the tiles were up. I desperately need to clean that ceiling fan but I usually have to use a broom in one hand to keep it from spinning and the duster in another hand. Old discoloration on other side is from a leak before we had the roof replaced. Hurricane damage I believe. No wood in the one spot where the wooden trim had been up. Some wires that should be in conduit are there though.
1673714595637.png1673714633187.png1673714742642.png1673714804241.png1673714821031.png1673714844368.png
I wonder if I should just put up drywall on the ceiling. I do like the wood that is up there that was hidden, but since it doesn't go all the way I can't just tear down the rest of the tiles and paint the wood without having to patch up there.

Last edited:
Looks like water / smoke damage, Z... Do the panels sit on thin metal supports? I would scrap those in favor of Drywall.

Latest posts

Back