What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I confess. I usually watch it every night, but I am sitting with my laptop on my lap, and going through the forums.

Took my truck to the car wash today. Normally I do it myself but I have been driving it down dirt roads for the last couple months during hunting season pin striping the sides with tree branches I figured I would spoil it and pay for a wash and wax. If I would have known it was going to take three hours I would have just done it myself. I'm sitting here bored watching people do something I can easily do.

Took my truck to the car wash today. Normally I do it myself but I have been driving it down dirt roads for the last couple months during hunting season pin striping the sides with tree branches I figured I would spoil it and pay for a wash and wax. If I would have known it was going to take three hours I would have just done it myself. I'm sitting here bored watching people do something I can easily do.

As you get older you will realize what you are paying for is not the wash and wax. What you are paying for is the pleasure of watching someone do something you can easily do! ;)

Now that I have it back at my shop I wonder why I bother having them wash it. they did not even wipe down the under side of the fender where it wraps into the wheel well and missed mud chunks everywhere. They sprayed armorall over most of my wheel wells, most being the key word so now I have muddy dirty yet shiny wheel wells. Guess I learned that if you want something done right you do it yourself.

It's all free. Still don't want to go. Would rather work in the garage. Going with some family friends who insist on getting there when they open and staying til closing time. I'd be ok with a couple hours.

You might have been there too many times, or you're just ho-hum about it because it's so close. But so many people see it as the ultimate treat that I'm not surprised that they want to make a day of it. Find a nice shady bench and take a short nap; catch up with the gang later on.

It's a trade off Chris for all the days you spent hunting. Enjoy the day, enjoy the kids, it all moves way to fast.

You might have been there too many times, or you're just ho-hum about it because it's so close. But so many people see it as the ultimate treat that I'm not surprised that they want to make a day of it. Find a nice shady bench and take a short nap; catch up with the gang later on.

It's a I've been there too much thing. It's 45 minutes from my house and I have been there countless times. Hopefully the kids enjoy it. They both have colds.

I go hunting for two months now she has me booked up for two months.

I dont mind going, .it is that damn song

its a small world after all that bugs me i hear it in my head for a month after being there

I dont mind going, .it is that damn song

its a small world after all that bugs me i hear it in my head for a month after being there

Thanks friend, now I'm sitting here humming that blessed song. Guess I'll go run the leaf blower and grind up leaves for a while ...:mad:

Here you go buddy!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbejwp-i0BY[/ame]

Back