What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am considering replacing my PTAC heat pump unit. It has a problem at present where the electric heat turns on after one cycle. I may try disconnecting the electric heat to see if it will operate without it. To avoid a service call it might be a good time to switch to a LG inverter PTAC heat pump. I replaced it three or four years ago and inverter units weren't available to the public then. Cost is under $1000.

I am not mowing yet as ajuga is in full bloom. Ajuga and a small leaf hosta are gradually taking over my yard. That's good as I have too much shade for Zoysia and it's gradually fading away. The downside of ajuga is that hundreds of carpenter bees are feeding on the blooms. I am watching my fascia boards carefully to see if any are drilling. I also have some dwarf Mondo grass patches going but it spreads slowly. I need to help it spread but it actually being a lily rather than grass does not plug easily like Zoysia.
Those Carpenter Bees are bad! These drill perfectly round holes though. I'm not sure how they do that

Cute little Chemex knockoff 2 cup pour-over for $13.89 w/free shipping from Temu. I'm not keen on SS filters though.

1680981652797.png

I didn’t do any pour overs today but I did finish the drain lines for the bathroom project. Ruby helped me test it and it didn’t leak!

This is the 2” vanity drain and clean out.

46BB167F-B956-4B38-87A8-0D8F85C35C42.jpeg

This is the vanity (left), shower(right) and new toilet(behind the shower drain) coming together. You can’t really see the toilet line because it’s behind the shower drain on the right.
055A0652-AB60-40AD-8795-ADB34D41C4F9.jpeg

This is where it joins with the existing septic line.
BE15CB2C-C329-491A-8288-C7DB2D29596D.png

We're you able to get the 1/4" pitch?

I haven't ever had hummus so I can't contribute anything to that conversation. LOL.
I agree with Spicoli about golf. The only golf I like to watch is a show called Holey Moley with an obstacle course and the hosts are always cracking jokes. The knitting channel is more intresting.

Shan, I hope things go well with the rest of the kitchen reno. I wonder if the cabinets2go site sells plywood cabinets instead of particle board/mdf for a decent price.

Ron, the plumbing is looking good. I like how you used chunks of pipe to keep the slope correct. That's a good idea. The rescued cat looks so much like my cat Predicate (who disappeared a couple of years ago). I miss him. He was the sweetest kitty.

I got hit hard with fatigue. Slept a lot on Friday and don't remember what else I did other than cook for Mom and clean up a bit. Saturday I slept until after 5pm and then Mom sent me to pick up her RX from the store. I ate a salad and then racked out again. Still feeling really tired.

No sign of Sir Hammington and I even checked the workshop on the odd chance someone had gone in there and trapped him. The other cats are fighting for dominance in his absence. Hammy used to keep Snugglebum in line and defended Yasuke, Biscuits, and Gravy Jones when Snuggy was being a jerk. Without him there, Snuggy is going full bully mode. Although he sat on me earlier and licked Gravy Jones & they were getting along well. Biscuits is still being weird and humping blankets.

My whole body aches and I'm too tired to focus.

The only sport I don't like to watch is basketball, though I do like watching certain players. I still don't go out of my way to watch it though. We probably had that conversation already.

I never really tried watching golf. I could imagine someone who's really into it watching closely for technique, but it's hard to imagine it has many non-hardcore fans (e.g. the way football does); more of an all-in or all-out thing.

If I'm at a bar not drinking (because I don't drink...so, sipping tonic water or something) and there are a bunch of TVs on and nobody to talk to and nothing else to read or look at, and each TV is showing a different sport, then my ranked preference is for Olympic trampolining, baseball or hockey, tennis, billiards, football, soccer, rugby, cricket, basketball, and then stuff like golf, motorsports and track&field and other things that are just simple contests to see who can go the fastest/highest/throw the thing farthest/etc., then stuff like bowling or darts that are really just games you're supposed to play while drinking, and then at the very end stuff that needs judges like diving and figure skating and gymnastics. (This bar has a lot of TVs and a killer cable package.)

A Doctor on the conference today told a story about a patient that is a sewage worker in NYC... Says they see so many vitamin pills of (redacted) brand with a distinguishing letter on them in the sewers that they considered contacting the company to see if they wanted to rinse them off and reuse them... (Supposedly the #1 brand on TV all the time, redacted of course to prevent a lawsuit)...

Moral of the story... Don't take vitamins in the caplet / tablet form. They don't break down...
Many people take proton pump inhibitors so insufficient digestion and hard supplements don't dissolve thus pass on through. My multivitamin is a caplet but I have a good acid balance. However I am going to switch to capsules when I renew my supply. The hard caplets were an oversight at the time. When my wife had indigestion we used Betaine HCL to aid digestion rather than get into the PPI viscous circle of acid suppression and later oversupply.

Many people take proton pump inhibitors so insufficient digestion and hard supplements don't dissolve thus pass on through. My multivitamin is a caplet but I have a good acid balance. However I am going to switch to capsules when I renew my supply. The hard caplets were an oversight at the time. When my wife had indigestion we used Betaine HCL to aid digestion rather than get into the PPI viscous circle of acid suppression and later oversupply.
Yes, when one takes a PPI and feels great because the "Dam" is holding back the acid, then quits taking them, the result is a brutal amount of acid. That was my situation as well as a buddy's. He found the solution and told me to just take a little bit of Baking Soda in water every day for a week. That made my system work how it's supposed to, and I haven't looked back for 18 years now. I only get some heartburn if I eat something I know is not supposed to be eaten, like Pepperoni.

As far as taking capsules, I have been on a constant research project to find out how much of the capsule is beneficial. It will all breakdown between the stomach and small intestine, but the question is how much is "alive" after the stomach acid. Will the stomach acid kill off the probiotics, for example?

There's no answers in pharma, and there's no answers from the Functional MD's that I follow, since most of them sell a line of supplements.

My mother is the only one in my family who was interested in sports (not counting the professional wrestling stuff). I can't keep up with what is going on and I don't have an inclination to. Watching golf bores me to sleep.

Today I spread diatomaceous earth all around the house, cooked for Mom, tested out a cooking method for grilled cheese sandwiches in the air fryer, watched some videos, played ESO, did my shoulder exercises, fed and watered kitties, etc.

I like this new video from Voiceplay:

I also saw this informative video on wire connections. I didn't know about twisting the sheated parts. I've never seen that done. Even the "professional" electricians around here don't do that. It's good to know though.

Another thing is that Leviton has made a new outlet that has lever nuts (like the wago brand kind) built in.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton...t-Duplex-Outlet-White-R02-E5325-0SW/322083558

Doctor upped my pain meds and I actually slept.

Dealing with bulksupplementscs is interesting. If I purchase on their website I have to pay shipping. Amazon offers free shipping but the product isn't listed. Their ebay store offers it with free shipping. The product is calcium disodium EDTA powder. I have disodium EDTA powder but there is some conflicting info on the merits of each for cardiac benefit (with sublingual chelation). Most oral chelation capsules contain calcium disodium EDTA with no comment on the mechanism (if any) for arterial chelation of plaque. I would prefer magnesium disodium EDTA but it doesn't seem to be readily available.

I had a lunch invitation yesterday and we watched the final round of the Masters Golf Tournament afterward. It was kinda interesting to watch but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. I prefer reading which is free via my state's online digital library.

I still have my taxes to file. I don't wait so late out of choice but the GPO is always late in supplying forms. I am too accustomed to having forms in hand and don't have a printer interfaced with my Chromebook. I try to always owe some money rather than looking for a return so no problem there.

Last edited:
Bulk Supplements is weird that way, it's also Free shipping on Walmart if you hit the $35 mark. I usually do that because I'm always buying something there anyway.

Are you working with a Functional MD that knows about Calcium Disodium EDTA? I haven't done any research on it because every Dr. I have heard talk about EDTA or the other chelators said to work with a practitioner and get the IV, along with an IV of Plaque X and some Ozone at the same time.

They just talked about them in my Cardio docuseries.

Moving Heavy Metals is serious business. I would see a practitioner. You could get by with natural chelators like Bitters, Chlorella, Dark Greens, Spirulina etc...

Going through my notes, one chelator named DMSA is considered a Neurotoxin. The Dr. uses DMPS and EDTA.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32749124/

Last edited:
Watched an episode of Mysteries At The Museum, featuring a light bulb that has worked constantly in a Firehouse for over 120 Years... When the Light Bulb Cartel, officially known as the Phoebus Cartel, noticed that, they made it so bulbs only last around 4 months with constant use...

Reminds me of literally every appliance brand in big box stores, when they figured out they were lasting too long, they made them last mere months before needing a service call, while hoping of course that the service call was after the generous 1 whole year warranty.

When the Light Bulb Cartel, officially known as the Phoebus Cartel, noticed that, they made it so bulbs only last around 4 months with constant use...
Why didn't a different manufacturer come along and make one that lasts longer and immediately snatch up all the business?

Hmmmm! Maybe I'll take a deeper look at Event 201 and the plandemic.

Latest posts

Back