What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have yet to see an oversize pickup with anything in the bed or anyone in the back seat. It makes me wonder what were they thinking when they bought that thing. My BIL just had a 4WD F-150 but carried a small stepladder so his mom could get in/out of it.
It’s just that occasional time that you need it that makes it worthwhile.

Yes, that is a good documentary. When Mt St Helen’s blew in 1980, scientists found what they thought should have taken thousands of years. Petrified wood and layers of sediment but it took only two weeks.
Wow, I said "Blows the Lid" without even thinking about Mt St. Helens. HAHA... I was a kid when that happened and we got probably 2 feet of Ash in Western MT. We had to wear masks and shovel the ash into garbage bags. My folks filled a bunch of Baby food jars with it and there's a few left within the family.

Unfortunately, I don't remember anything else but one scene where I was shoveling. No dark skies or Ash raining down or anything.

Saw a documentary last night on the Freevee app called "Is Genesis History"... It pretty much blows the lid off what people are conditioned to believe. As you know, believing what the government says isn't exactly a specialty of mine. I don't have the Science background, so I accept what the people in the film say.

I would normally launch into Space Cadet mode and start thinking about what I can successfully Air Fry while attempting to watch boring Science stuff, but the host and the people he interviews break it down so it's easy to follow along.

The host sounds like an older Mike Rowe.
Thanks, I'll have to watch it. One can also find the route the Israelites followed through Arabia and evidence of the Red Sea crossing in various YouTube videos. I watched God of the Mountain: Jim and Penny Caldwell years ago.

Lyle Johnson was a neighbor of mine and I helped him build an observatory at a nearby Christian camp. Several years after Lyle's death the camp didn't have an astronomer and asked Lyle's family if they would donate the telescopes to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. Johnson Observatory at the Creation Museum

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have to watch it. One can also find the route the Israelites followed through Arabia and evidence of the Red Sea crossing in various YouTube videos. I watched God of the Mountain: Jim and Penny Caldwell years ago.

Lyle Johnson was a neighbor of mine and I helped him build an observatory at a nearby Christian camp. Several years after Lyle's death the camp didn't have an astronomer and asked Lyle's family if they would donate the telescopes to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. Johnson Observatory at the Creation Museum
Yeah, a lot of people aren't believers because "The Bible lies", and _____ doesn't exist... Well, the problem with that is they keep finding locations mentioned in the Bible. I watched a video that described the Sea of Galilee and it's harbors mentioned in the New Testament, but people said it wasn't true until a drought exposed all of them, exactly where they are supposed to be...

Did you guys know that the “experts “ used to doubt that Babylon actually existed until they discovered the gardens of Babylon fairly recently.

Y’all should watch “Nefarious (2023)” on Prime or whatever media service you have. It’s about the case for demons and evil. Inspired by CS Lewis’, “Screwtape Letters.” Pretty entertaining. Directed by the guy who did “God’s not Dead”

Ron, I did the same thing, but damn if I didn't add the studs in the wrong direction! I assumed the glass guy was going to the center of the curb, but for some stupid reason, he went to the inside, and it was too late before I noticed it!

Did you guys know that the “experts “ used to doubt that Babylon actually existed until they discovered the gardens of Babylon fairly recently.

Y’all should watch “Nefarious (2023)” on Prime or whatever media service you have. It’s about the case for demons and evil. Inspired by CS Lewis’, “Screwtape Letters.” Pretty entertaining. Directed by the guy who did “God’s not Dead”
Thanks, I'll VUDU Nefarious and God's not Dead.

I'm not finding anything on the Gardens of Babylon?

I watched a YouTube video about an archaeologist uncovering Biblical Sodom.

I saw a documentary a few years ago on the discovery of what they think is Sodom and Gomorrah. The thing I remember about it is that the scorched brick they found couldn't possibly have been created by Humans back then.

Ron, I did the same thing, but damn if I didn't add the studs in the wrong direction! I assumed the glass guy was going to the center of the curb, but for some stupid reason, he went to the inside, and it was too late before I noticed it!
That’s weird! That would make the shower smaller for no reason.

Actually, the glass is centered, but the oil rubbed bronze hinges mount on the inside, which missed my studs by 1/2 an inch on the top hinge. He locked it in anyways with screw expanders.

Suspicions confirmed:

Wearing shoes without socks is bad for foot health, experts say​

There has been a significant rise in the number of foot-related problems, especially in men

By Jenny Cook
9 Oct 2017

We're all guilty of wearing shoes without socks from time-to-time, but people who make a habit of it are more at risk of developing fungal problems and infections such as athlete's foot, the College of Podiatry has warned.
Some experts are blaming the "bare ankle" trend, which has filtered down from the catwalk to become something of a statement – particularly for men (including celebrity icons Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Orlando Bloom), who pair the sockless look with both casual and formal attire. This, coupled with the rise in poorly-made footwear, has caused a significant increase in the number of unwanted foot conditions, says podiatrist Emma Stevenson from the College of Podiatry.
"As a whole, we are seeing more and more men coming to us with issues caused by poorly fitting footwear, and not just ones choosing to go sockless."

"Depending on the level of sweatiness of the foot, there may be issues with too much moisture in the feet, which can leave you vulnerable to fungal infections such as athlete's foot. On average your feet will sweat half a pint a day; that's a lot to be pouring out straight into your shoe without it being absorbed by a sock."​

Because this particular phenomenon is still in its early stages, studies are yet to be performed to establish the true impact of such a problem. However, a combination of excessive sweat, an ill-choice in fabrics and a lack of socks can create an ideal environment in which fungal infections can thrive – potentially leading to feet that are not only smelly but also painful. Dr Stevenson adds:
"Many shoes that are available on the high street today may have leather uppers but are lined in synthetic material, which is not breathable. If the lining is not breathable then moisture, heat and bacteria will all be trapped inside the shoe... Another of the biggest issues is also the new trend for narrow, pointed men's shoes, and slip-on shoes. Going sockless is common with both of these styles."

Such shoes, Dr Stevenson says, cause friction over bony prominences in the feet such as the toes and heels, increasing the risk of ingrown toenails and other bony defect (like bunions, for example).

"Likewise, slip-on shoes cause the toes to claw in order to keep the shoe on the foot and can also result in increased friction on the back of the foot where the foot slips in and out of the shoe."

We're all guilty of wearing shoes without socks from time-to-time
No we aren't, not over 5 years old.

Some experts are blaming the "bare ankle" trend, which has filtered down from the catwalk to become something of a statement – particularly for men (including celebrity icons Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Orlando Bloom), who pair the sockless look with both casual and formal attire.
Never seen it. (The bare ankles, the catwalk or the celebrities foot covering choices)

"Depending on the level of sweatiness of the foot, there may be issues with too much moisture in the feet, which can leave you vulnerable to fungal infections such as athlete's foot.​

It could only get better if said in the Native Kamala language... "Depending on the level of sweatiness of the foot, there may be issues with too much sweat in the feet, which is called moisture cackle cackle cackle... That's right... The moisture in the feet caused by sweatiness results in Athlete's foot because that's what happens when we have a lot of sweatiness."

I think this Foot rocket surgeon needs a Captain Obvious Nobel Prize.

Attachments

• CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.jpg
    CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
It amazes me what people will do to conform.I'm rather proud that I don't know who 'celebrity icons' Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Orlando Bloom are. I wonder what's next for GQ painted toenails w/sandals?

It amazes me what people will do to conform.I'm rather proud that I don't know who 'celebrity icons' Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Orlando Bloom are. I wonder what's next for GQ painted toenails w/sandals?
I have heard of Cooper, think he has Blonde / Brown hair... Don't know the other two. If Actors / Actresses are from the 80's and 90's, I probably have a good idea and might like their work unless they act like Deniro, who magically thinks he's a Gangsta in real life... Anybody in Hollyweird these days, no clue, except for the few shows I watch, but most have 80's people in them.

As far as GQ, I would be surprised if they didn't have a rainbow issue. They are woke as it gets, but I never had a subscription, so I don't care that they went woke.

If I headed a Fortune 500 company, I would put out a press release daring Blackrock, State Street and Vanguard to sell the stock while telling the retail holders to stay put, it would be fine for them... Once the ESG woke garbage controllers were gone, I would institute a forward split for the loyal people that held through the dump.

Back