What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spicoli, that is one of the reasons that I don't like using poisons in my yard. Although, the parish sends a truck out to come spray mosquito killer in my yard and all along the roads. I remember one time they pulled up and sprayed directly at my truck for at least 5 minutes straight. My bedroom faces the front & my window has a gap from the wrong sized piece of glass replacing the original glass (tenants did that) and this was before I taped it up- so the smell of the stuff entered my room and made me sick. A day later one of my cats died directly next to the truck and a couple days later I found one of my dogs dying from being poisoned right near the truck. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if it was the crap they sprayed. but it gave me a migraine for several days. I'm hoping to get my front gate fixed so they can't get into my yard in the future.

Shan, I hope your lawn gets taken care of and that you will enjoy your days off.

I stayed up late playing ESO again. Got up and cleaned a bit and cooked for Mom.

Been researching contactors and stuff again. I'm hoping my friend can give more insight, but I think he's busy with work.

Rupert has been obsessed with sleeping on me today and is purring in my ear.

So..... I just unplugged my trickle charger from the battery and guess what....... yeah, it's still dead. It was charging for 5.5 hours. I just bought this battery also.
I am not messing with this dumb battery every week once the rider is fixed. I am going to buy a different battery. This is some weird brand from home depot that they sell for this mower.

Spicoli, that is one of the reasons that I don't like using poisons in my yard. Although, the parish sends a truck out to come spray mosquito killer in my yard and all along the roads. I remember one time they pulled up and sprayed directly at my truck for at least 5 minutes straight. My bedroom faces the front & my window has a gap from the wrong sized piece of glass replacing the original glass (tenants did that) and this was before I taped it up- so the smell of the stuff entered my room and made me sick. A day later one of my cats died directly next to the truck and a couple days later I found one of my dogs dying from being poisoned right near the truck. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if it was the crap they sprayed. but it gave me a migraine for several days. I'm hoping to get my front gate fixed so they can't get into my yard in the future.
Yeah, all those poisons are killers. People only think of convenience, and letting their Dogs and Cats run around and play and roll around in the poison. At a bare minimum, they should clean off the Dogs' paws every time they come inside, no doing that on a Cat of course...

Their animals are horrifically sick, and then they take the advice of "Doctor" Whitecoat and poison them with Chemo and that's that... Of course, they would do the same "treatment" for themselves.

I bet I could go around here and tell people the chemicals are made by the Nazis, and the response would be "Well, I need to keep the bugs away from the crops" or "But I love my green lawn"... I wouldn't count on anybody being smarter than that.

So..... I just unplugged my trickle charger from the battery and guess what....... yeah, it's still dead. It was charging for 5.5 hours. I just bought this battery also.
I am not messing with this dumb battery every week once the rider is fixed. I am going to buy a different battery. This is some weird brand from home depot that they sell for this mower.
What does it read on a multimeter?

Yeah, all those poisons are killers. People only think of convenience, and letting their Dogs and Cats run around and play and roll around in the poison. At a bare minimum, they should clean off the Dogs' paws every time they come inside, no doing that on a Cat of course...

Their animals are horrifically sick, and then they take the advice of "Doctor" Whitecoat and poison them with Chemo and that's that... Of course, they would do the same "treatment" for themselves.

I bet I could go around here and tell people the chemicals are made by the Nazis, and the response would be "Well, I need to keep the bugs away from the crops" or "But I love my green lawn"... I wouldn't count on anybody being smarter than that.
Do you know what it is specifically they are spraying? Are you talking about products from Bayer because they are a German company?

Do you know what it is specifically they are spraying? Are you talking about products from Bayer because they are a German company?
Tru Green is known as a Bayer / BASF customer, and I assume Nitro Green is the same... And yes, Bayer / BASF are Nazi companies that never changed their ways since the Holocaust. After Monsanto was sued and it was proven that Roundup causes cancer, Bayer bought the company.

Glyphosate is made by many companies, trademarked as Roundup by Bayer

Dicamba is by Bayer

2,4-D is made by Dow and is one half of Agent Orange

Imazaquin is by BASF, who produced chemicals for Zyklon B, used in the gas chambers.

And people line up and PAY for those chemicals to be sprayed.

Last edited:
Tru Green is known as a Bayer / BASF customer, and I assume Nitro Green is the same... And yes, Bayer / BASF are Nazi companies that never changed their ways since the Holocaust. After Monsanto was sued and it was proven that Roundup causes cancer, Bayer bought the company.

Glyphosate is made by many companies, trademarked as Roundup by Bayer

Dicamba is by Bayer

2,4-D is made by Dow and is one half of Agent Orange

Imazaquin is by BASF, who produced chemicals for Zyklon B, used in the gas chambers.

And people line up and PAY for those chemicals to be sprayed.
The TVA sprays Chilated Diquat into the lake to kill weeds. It’s probably not that good for you.

The TVA sprays Chilated Diquat into the lake to kill weeds. It’s probably not that good for you.
No chemicals are good. It's all about killing people, which isn't my hangup because we all die, and I'm not going where they probably are. With the monetary ability to generate safe chemicals like something related to Vinegar that won't kill grass, they should be doing that, but they aren't interested in avoiding deaths from their products.

The Bayer logo is the Swastika without legs. It's literally that simple.

People argue about the safety of Organic pesticides, but that doesn't make sense when they are arguing for known lethal chemicals.

Almost everybody in the US has detectable Glyphosate in their blood, and the EPA knows it and they don't do anything because (Duh) they are paid off by the makers of the chemicals... Or they are evil enough without being paid off like every other Gubment agency.

Since the chemicals hit the Liver first and when the Liver is toxic, disease is 100% guaranteed, the Detox programs like I use are a must. The problem for people that live in the "Farmland" and "Corn Fed Middle America" etc is that while disease can be reversed with a clean Liver, if you still live in the same environment, you have to constantly cleanse...

Do you want to know how Boring it is to eat Lentils and Rice for weeks on end? Yet, it's required for a Detox and it works incredibly well.

Everyone uses pesticides. Even the fools who spend twice the money on organic fruits and vegetables are getting dosed with pesticides.

Does organic produce still use pesticides?

That is the law. The bottom line is, organically produced fruits and vegetables may not be pesticide-free. The truth is, in some cases, organically produced crops could have been sprayed many times and many pesticides could have been used on them before they reach the store shelf.

Everyone uses pesticides. Even the fools who spend twice the money on organic fruits and vegetables are getting dosed with pesticides.

That is the law. The bottom line is, organically produced fruits and vegetables may not be pesticide-free. The truth is, in some cases, organically produced crops could have been sprayed many times and many pesticides could have been used on them before they reach the store shelf.

Why didn't you respond the LAST TIME I pointed out how some Organics are cheaper than Conventional? Well, lo and behold, this time you win... Sweet Potatoes in this example are $1.99 lb. while the Organic version is a massive back breaking $2.33.

But, what do you say IF said produce that you eat is half the cost of Organic?

"Got my produce at Half the price of Organic, AND I got all the synthetic pesticides for FREE!!!"

???

https://www.albertsons.com/shop/search-results.html?q=sweet potato

Shan, how long ago did you buy the battery? Do you have an O'Reilly's or Autozone nearby? If so, they do free battery testing. They load it into a machine and it checks for awhile and then will tell if its bad or not. If it is less than a year old and you have a receipt you can take it back from where you purchased it and tell them its bad and you want it replaced. Even if it is older, make sure to bring the old battery in to exchange to get a discount on the core. For whatever reason they give you a discount for the core from the old battery.

Went to wash my hands this morning and water wasn't working. Went out to the shed and the stupid liquid level thing hadn't responded to the water being low so I had to tap it and make it run, but it seems that the new switch for the brand new jet pump has burned up (or maybe the wires). Hoping its not the whole pump. I flipped the breaker to that pump off after filling the cistern didn't work to get it to turn back on.

I went to the post office for mail and grabbed some stuff at Walmart. Friend needed some GU10 base LEDs for his range hood as the ones that came with it years ago burned out. I dropped them off and said Hi to the family. They were just eating dinner. Bulbs worked. Yay. Friend said he'll try to come out tomorrow to look at stuff. At least it rained enough that I have water in a bucket to flush toilets and I have a replacement switch for the pump.

I'm still having a hard time finding the right contactor for a 230vac 1hp 6.1A pump (probably should do minimum of 10A although Amazon's AI said 20A) that fits 10awg wires. And I'm trying to find out if I really need an MCB (miniature circuit breaker) when I have a breaker only a few feet away.

I recently spoke with an almond grower. He does not use pesticides. However, almond growers a mile east do use pesticides. The wind, birds & insects carry it to the no-pesticide farm. His almonds test positive for pesticides. I'd suspect the same is true for wheat, soy, corn...

I've dipped "organic" produce from several groceries in vinegar water. You should see the rainbow of oil float up! I've done it after washing and rinsing, too. Still Yuck!

Non-Toxic garden plant insect killer is pure Neem Oil. Spray on leaves that are getting eaten. Spray the underside, too. Can be used up to day of harvest.

Non-Toxic weed killer is white vinegar applied to leaves on a dry day. A little dish soap helps it cling. A little salt in the mix helps dry the roots & shrivel them for easy pulling.

Pure Chelated iron is another non-toxic weed killer. Careful- Some brands have glycophase mixed in.

Non-Toxic insect killers are birds. Attract them to keep insects down.
Our next door neighbors have a pool. It does not get used & stays green all year. Mosquitos lay eggs. At dawn & dusk in warm months, a cloud of them emerges. I feed the birds. We have dozens. It's fun to watch them fly back and forth with their mouths open eating the bugs.
The robins and mourning doves eat the ground insects.

Side Note-
No poisons for us. Ever. Too many dead birds & animals to pick up from the lawn after people spray their yards with lawn stuff.
(Birds eat the sprayed bugs & die.) Too few bees & butterflies left.

It is so sad that a green lawn is more important than other living beings' lives.

Last edited:
I recently spoke with an almond grower. He does not use pesticides. However, almond growers a mile east do use pesticides. The wind, birds & insects carry it to the no-pesticide farm. His almonds test positive for pesticides. I'd suspect the same is true for wheat, soy, corn...

I've dipped "organic" produce from several groceries in vinegar water. You should see the rainbow of oil float up! I've done it after washing and rinsing, too. Still Yuck!

Non-Toxic garden plant insect killer is pure Neem Oil. Spray on leaves that are getting eaten. Spray the underside, too. Can be used up to day of harvest.

Non-Toxic weed killer is white vinegar applied to leaves on a dry day. A little dish soap helps it cling. A little salt in the mix helps dry the roots & shrivel them for easy pulling.

Pure Chelated iron is another non-toxic weed killer. Careful- Some brands have glycophase mixed in.

Non-Toxic insect killers are birds. Attract them to keep insects down.
Our next door neighbors have a pool. It does not get used & stays green all year. Mosquitos lay eggs. At dawn & dusk in warm months, a cloud of them emerges. I feed the birds. We have dozens. It's fun to watch them fly back and forth with their mouths open eating the bugs.
The robins and mourning doves eat the ground insects.

Side Note-
No poisons for us. Ever. Too many dead birds & animals to pick up from the lawn after people spray their yards with lawn stuff.
(Birds eat the sprayed bugs & die.) Too few bees & butterflies left.

It is so sad that a green lawn is more important than other living beings' lives.
I get that pesticide residue from Organic Carrots every now and then with Vinegar water.

Your County doesn't enforce regulations on your neighbor? That's a serious health hazard.

Why didn't you respond the LAST TIME I pointed out how some Organics are cheaper than Conventional? Well, lo and behold, this time you win... Sweet Potatoes in this example are $1.99 lb. while the Organic version is a massive back breaking $2.33.

But, what do you say IF said produce that you eat is half the cost of Organic?

"Got my produce at Half the price of Organic, AND I got all the synthetic pesticides for FREE!!!"

???

https://www.albertsons.com/shop/search-results.html?q=sweet potato

From your link. These aren't the same sweet potato but the organic one is 50% more in cost than the one with free synthetic pesticides.
1718114558484.png

"USDA certified organic foods are grown and processed according to federal guidelines addressing, among many factors, soil quality, animal raising practices, pest and weed control, and use of additives. Organic producers rely on natural substances and physical, mechanical, or biologically based farming methods to the fullest extent possible.

Produce can be called organic if it’s certified to have grown on soil that had no prohibited substances applied for three years prior to harvest. Prohibited substances include most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. In instances when a grower has to use a synthetic substance to achieve a specific purpose, the substance must first be approved according to criteria that examine its effects on human health and the environment"

If the Government monitors this and enforces organics then we have nothing to worry about....Right?

The case revolved around the LAUSD’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, which required all employees to be fully vaccinated against everything including COVID-19 by a specified deadline.

Here’s the definition of a vaccine the CDC used on 26 August 2021:

Vaccine– “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

Vaccination– “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

Rather than admit the COVID-19 vaccine is not working as advertised, the CDC took a page out of Orwell’s 1984 and opted for new spin language.

Here is the new definition:

Vaccine– “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

It can be recalled that Pfizer’s President of International Developed Markets, Janine Small, admitted in an EU hearing that the vaccine had never been tested on its ability to prevent transmission, contrary to what was previously advertised.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/06/breaking-9th-circuit-court-appeals-rules-mrna-covid/

View Fullscreen Legal transcript

1718115675710.png

This is an important ruling because the future mrna treatments shouldn't be called Vaccines either until they can prove they , "stimulate a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease,"

Just put this video on my watchlist for soon... This statement is why...

"Utilizing his dietary savvy, he devised the BBBE (Beef, Butter, Bacon and Eggs) diet, which has relieved many people from not just chronic physical conditions, but severe mental disorders; thereby earning its place as a staple element in my protocols."

I know that no matter what I'm eating or what I'm doing in life, I have always felt better while eating 4 Organic Eggs every morning. As far as the pesticide debate, I have no problem with Organic Eggs, but if I eat Conventional, I have a wicked sneezing / mucus generating / hacking / eyes watering / nearly throwing up fit... That's literally what I base my decision to buy Organic on. It isn't perfect for all crops, and I do pay attention to the annual "Clean 15" and "Dirty Dozen" concerning Conventional produce.

Yes, Ron. I don't ever buy a single Sweet Potato, only 6.5 lb. Organic bags from Costco for $8.99.

The obvious "Not actually a vaccine" that isn't a shocker for anybody that has paid attention catapults people over the bar that is the ban on lawsuits against Pharma brought to us by the fine members of the do nothing Congress.

People can certainly sue now, since the "Vaccine" was magically supposed to be 95% effective for BOTH Pfizer and Moderna... They should have at least chosen to have different fabricated numbers.

No lawyer, but they still have to follow rules and I hope they are eliminated from the face of the earth with Lawsuits.

I get that pesticide residue from Organic Carrots every now and then with Vinegar water.

Your County doesn't enforce regulations on your neighbor? That's a serious health hazard.
Nope, the city doesn't care. They're too busy worrying if my front steps have all the same rise & about the < 1/4" offset between two sidewalk walk slabs. But, heaven forbid one should forget and leave a car in the street overnight! ($$$.$$ fine)

When the neighbor on the other side complained about the green slime pool, the city said they have no jurisdiction & referred her to the health department. The health department said it wasn't their problem.

Oddly, the pool is directly under the Edison service drop and the size puts them over the lot fill limit. Those ARE their jurisdiction, but the city doesn't care.

For this we pay taxes?

On A Light Note:
What I did today was search on line for a magnifying mirror. On the Walmart search results list was the ad below. I cracked up when I noticed the guy's (panda's?) left hand. He must be from the Returns Department! (I wonder what the words say...)
Paul

Attachments

• Mirror Ad.png
    Mirror Ad.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 0
Nope, the city doesn't care. They're too busy worrying if my front steps have all the same rise & about the < 1/4" offset between two sidewalk walk slabs. But, heaven forbid one should forget and leave a car in the street overnight! ($$$.$$ fine)

When the neighbor on the other side complained about the green slime pool, the city said they have no jurisdiction & referred her to the health department. The health department said it wasn't their problem.

Oddly, the pool is directly under the Edison service drop and the size puts them over the lot fill limit. Those ARE their jurisdiction, but the city doesn't care.

For this we pay taxes?
Is the neighbor with the pool horrible about everything else?

As far as Gubment, I wouldn't have even asked if I saw you lived in Beirut.

From your link. These aren't the same sweet potato but the organic one is 50% more in cost than the one with free synthetic pesticides.
View attachment 32873

"USDA certified organic foods are grown and processed according to federal guidelines addressing, among many factors, soil quality, animal raising practices, pest and weed control, and use of additives. Organic producers rely on natural substances and physical, mechanical, or biologically based farming methods to the fullest extent possible.

Produce can be called organic if it’s certified to have grown on soil that had no prohibited substances applied for three years prior to harvest. Prohibited substances include most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. In instances when a grower has to use a synthetic substance to achieve a specific purpose, the substance must first be approved according to criteria that examine its effects on human health and the environment"

If the Government monitors this and enforces organics then we have nothing to worry about....Right?

The case revolved around the LAUSD’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, which required all employees to be fully vaccinated against everything including COVID-19 by a specified deadline.

Here’s the definition of a vaccine the CDC used on 26 August 2021:

Vaccine– “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

Vaccination– “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

Rather than admit the COVID-19 vaccine is not working as advertised, the CDC took a page out of Orwell’s 1984 and opted for new spin language.

Here is the new definition:

Vaccine– “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

It can be recalled that Pfizer’s President of International Developed Markets, Janine Small, admitted in an EU hearing that the vaccine had never been tested on its ability to prevent transmission, contrary to what was previously advertised.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/06/breaking-9th-circuit-court-appeals-rules-mrna-covid/

View Fullscreen Legal transcript

View attachment 32874

This is an important ruling because the future mrna treatments shouldn't be called Vaccines either until they can prove they , "stimulate a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease,"
So much pharmaceutical "get away with it" stuff is flat out scary.

Here's a good example-
I was in a clinical trial for a vaccine to prevent Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). RSV is transmitted by people breathing within range of someone else inhaling, similar to Covid-19.

The trial proved that the vaccine was effective. OK, great! .....

Except, the trial began at the beginning of the Covid-19 problem. Everyone was on lock-down and wore masks if they ahd to go out.

How accurate could that trial possible be? Bit Pharma wins again.

Back