What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On A Light Note:
What I did today was search on line for a magnifying mirror. On the Walmart search results list was the ad below. I cracked up when I noticed the guy's (panda's?) left hand. He must be from the Returns Department! (I wonder what the words say...)
Paul
HAHAH... Must be an honest review!

.People can certainly sue now, since the "Vaccine" was magically supposed to be 95% effective for BOTH Pfizer and Moderna... They should have at least chosen to have different fabricated numbers.

No lawyer, but they still have to follow rules and I hope they are eliminated from the face of the earth with Lawsuits.
As I mentioned before, the therapeutic formerly known as the vaccine was never 95% effective. Fauci said it had 95% efficacy referring to the "Relative Risk Reduction" which is super misleading terminology, meaning, in the Pfizer trial group, 8 people out of 18,198 got covid after getting the jab but 162 out of 18,325 got covid after getting a placebo.

The math is like this: 8 out of 18,198 is .04%. (8/18,198 = .00043961 ... or .04%) that received the shot.
162 out of 18,325 is .88%. (162/18,325 = .00884038 ... or .88%) that got a placebo.

Both groups were less than 1%! This is Pfizer's test not some right wing group. So where did Fauci get 95% efficacy? Well, this is where the magic comes in.

The Absolute risk reduction is the difference between .04% and .88% which is .84% risk reduction for getting the jab. Less than 1% difference between jabbed and not jabbed. Doesn't sound that good but how can you fool a population of people into taking an inefficient drug like that?

Pfizer's 95% Relative Risk Reduction figure is the reduction from .88% to .04%. You calculate this by subtracting .04 from .88; so .88 - .04 = .84 then .84 divided by .88 = .9545 or 95% relative risk reduction.

1718129847723.png

When you look at the real numbers, it seems like Fauci was lying to us for some reason.

1718129947546.png
The FDA says this;

1718129993210.png

Pfizer didn't follow this advice and our government let them do it!

If Pfizer told the truth and said there is a .84% (less than 1%) difference between being jabbed and not being jabbed but the potential side affects are;

1718130040738.png

Who would have chosen to get the vaccine? And why would our government allow it?

Is the neighbor with the pool horrible about everything else?

As far as Gubment, I wouldn't have even asked if I saw you lived in Beirut.
Not including the pool-of-death, not horrible other than the over-grown back yard jungle. But they wonder where their dog gets all the dead rats he deposits on the doorstep.

Face to face, they are polite people. Three generations of chain smokers who don't have jobs, but polite. Plus a yap yap dog who never shuts up, but polite people. I guess that counts for something.

I had a good nap today and feel a little better. But water is still out and friend's wife was having some health issues and he doesn't want to leave her by herself. Apparently despite having fully flushed out the dead fetus and placenta, she's still bleeding and her pregnancy hormone is still too high. They aren't sure what that means and its messing with her both physically and mentally.

I'm going to go take a look at the switch in the pump house and see if the contacts look burned up or not-- once I get Rupert off of me. He's clinging to me right now.

Not including the pool-of-death, not horrible other than the over-grown back yard jungle. But they wonder where their dog gets all the dead rats he deposits on the doorstep.

Face to face, they are polite people. Three generations of chain smokers who don't have jobs, but polite. Plus a yap yap dog who never shuts up, but polite people. I guess that counts for something.

The Dog tells me they are aloof and have absolutely no idea that their concrete hole is a problem...

So, pretty sure something is wrong with the pressure switch on my new pump. Side by side comparison of the switch on the pump and a new switch fresh out of a box. I think a contact popped off on the one on the left.
1718145929511.png
Gonna watch a video on how to detach the old switch from the pump and see if I can manage it before it gets dark.

The Dog tells me they are aloof and have absolutely no idea that their concrete hole is a problem...
You must know them!
They certainly don't notice anything at all. A tornado could hit and they'd be oblivious.

At least twice last year and recently this year, various members of the household commented about the "unbearable mosquito problem". As politely and carefully as possible, I told each to look at the pool at dawn or dusk & they will see the dense, dark cloud of mosquitos hovering over it. Once, one even commented about the cloud-o-bugs!
Amazingly 2 + 2 did not equal four. Pool stayed & stays nasty.

Another one from the brain trust commented about their dog shivering, throwing up & having diarrhea constantly. The vet gave him a list of poisonous plants to check for in the yard. I pointed out the buckthorn tree in their yard with berries on it. I also pointed out the grape vines. I showed both to him on the vet's list.

Did the tree get removed? Nope. Grape vines either. Growing strong as ever. (I cut both back from my fence so my precious pooch buddy can't get berries or grapes.)

Last fall, same exact conversation! (Money isn't the excuse. There is a shiny new 2024 Dodge Ram HD 2500 4 x 4 grocery getter in the driveway.)

I'm far from being the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I get on my knees each day and thank our Creator for giving enough sense and knowledge to care for my family & dog buddy!

Such Is Life, I Guess!
Paul

PS: My wife gave me 2 genius ideas for the buckthorn.
Plan A- Reach through the fence and drive a piece of sharpened copper tubing into the trunk. (Tomorrow morning's job.)
Plan B- Edison is scheduled to trim trees in the easement. Slip the lead guy a hundred to wack the tree.
Brilliant! (For the grapes, I may have to accidentally spill copper sulfate along the fence line where they grow.
Hate to do this stuff, but someone's gotta look out for their dog.

Last edited:
So, pretty sure something is wrong with the pressure switch on my new pump. Side by side comparison of the switch on the pump and a new switch fresh out of a box. I think a contact popped off on the one on the left.
View attachment 32881
Gonna watch a video on how to detach the old switch from the pump and see if I can manage it before it gets dark.
It's hard to tell from the photos, but I think the contacts are there. Perhaps they are pitted. It happens over time & can often be cleaned with an emery board.

I'm a little confused. Where are the load (or perhaps line) wires? Already removed, or am I viewing the photo wrong?

Paul

It's hard to tell from the photos, but I think the contacts are there. Perhaps they are pitted. It happens over time & can often be cleaned with an emery board.

I'm a little confused. Where are the load (or perhaps line) wires? Already removed, or am I viewing the photo wrong?

Paul
The wires from the pump are connected to some sort of metal tabs so you can't see them. If you look on the bottom right side of the switch on the left you can see where the contacts came off. Even comparing to the other side, you can see that they are not in the same position.

I couldn't get the locknut off (left side of switch with the threaded metal coming through). Had to go get my friend. I tried using a flathead screwdriver and pounding on it with a wrench (couldn't find my hammer) to try to get it loose but the screwdriver kept slipping off the ridge on the nut. I was afraid I was going to end up breaking a wire or damaging something. Friend got it all put together for me but now the switch is making weird noises. Ugh.

At least I was able to flush the toilets.

You must know them!
They certainly don't notice anything at all. A tornado could hit and they'd be oblivious.

At least twice last year and recently this year, various members of the household commented about the "unbearable mosquito problem". As politely and carefully as possible, I told each to look at the pool at dawn or dusk & they will see the dense, dark cloud of mosquitos hovering over it. Once, one even commented about the cloud-o-bugs!
Amazingly 2 + 2 did not equal four. Pool stayed & stays nasty.

Another one from the brain trust commented about their dog shivering, throwing up & having diarrhea constantly. The vet gave him a list of poisonous plants to check for in the yard. I pointed out the buckthorn tree in their yard with berries on it. I also pointed out the grape vines. I showed both to him on the vet's list.

Did the tree get removed? Nope. Grape vines either. Growing strong as ever. (I cut both back from my fence so my precious pooch buddy can't get berries or grapes.)

Last fall, same exact conversation! (Money isn't the excuse. There is a shiny new 2024 Dodge Ram HD 2500 4 x 4 grocery getter in the driveway.)

I'm far from being the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I get on my knees each day and thank our Creator for giving enough sense and knowledge to care for my family & dog buddy!

Such Is Life, I Guess!
Paul

PS: My wife gave me 2 genius ideas for the buckthorn.
Plan A- Reach through the fence and drive a piece of sharpened copper tubing into the trunk. (Tomorrow morning's job.)
Plan B- Edison is scheduled to trim trees in the easement. Slip the lead guy a hundred to wack the tree.
Brilliant! (For the grapes, I may have to accidentally spill copper sulfate along the fence line where they grow.
Hate to do this stuff, but someone's gotta look out for their dog.
Wow.. I guess you have to just ask them point blank if they are going to clean the pool or chop down the tree... The problem is they are nice people. If they weren't, I would straight up take a Chainsaw to it. They can't sue you with that pool, but don't take legal advice from me!

Started a new project yesterday. We're going to re-do my MIL's little kitchen. Here's where it is.

1718199090093.png
I started scraping the popcorn off the ceiling and will continue today. Demo will include tearing out the walls and new sheetrock. Need to do some wiring for outlets and under cabinet lights. Also, we will add a garbage disposal.

It's a small, simple kitchen, MIL doesn't cook much.
1718199319797.png
1718199348210.png

1718199366795.png
This is the drawing I took down to the cabinet shop. They designed the new cabinets on the spot. She has a small island and refrigerator which are not in the drawings.
1718199430475.png

Stumbled upon the show "Hoarders" on the Roku app. I have never had Cable as an adult, so have only seen the show in the background at someone else's house. I know what it is, but until I watched a few episodes, I didn't know how Psychologically interesting it is.

I don't buy most of them being hoarders, some seem real staged for a few reasons, like the "Professional organizers" are in most of the episodes no matter where in the Country it is. I have only seen one legit hoarder, there's no way they staged it, and then I have seen one extreme hoarder that has absolutely perfect teeth. I guess she could be OCD about that and only that, but I'm not buying it.

Regardless, it's interesting to analyze these people, having only known one extreme hoarder in real life with mental issues. She had probably 7500 Newspapers stacked in her house, no trash that I remember, but she was on a different planet mentally... Every other square inch of the house was covered in figurine things.

My Brother hoards, but his house is spotless. He has 10 VCR's and 10 TV's and 14 sets of Screwdrivers, More tools than could possibly ever be used, More cars than can be used, although he's a mechanic on all of them etc...

I Half Hoard... I have 25% of the amount of stuff he has, and my house is not cluttered other than the computer desk. I have probably 20 boxes of stuff that I need to go through and other stuff that needs to be gone through for donation or selling, but I don't have any attachment to any of it.

Watching the show is motivation to get all that done so I can be done with it forever...

As I mentioned before, the therapeutic formerly known as the vaccine was never 95% effective. Fauci said it had 95% efficacy referring to the "Relative Risk Reduction" which is super misleading terminology, meaning, in the Pfizer trial group, 8 people out of 18,198 got covid after getting the jab but 162 out of 18,325 got covid after getting a placebo.

The math is like this: 8 out of 18,198 is .04%. (8/18,198 = .00043961 ... or .04%) that received the shot.
162 out of 18,325 is .88%. (162/18,325 = .00884038 ... or .88%) that got a placebo.

Both groups were less than 1%! This is Pfizer's test not some right wing group. So where did Fauci get 95% efficacy? Well, this is where the magic comes in.

The Absolute risk reduction is the difference between .04% and .88% which is .84% risk reduction for getting the jab. Less than 1% difference between jabbed and not jabbed. Doesn't sound that good but how can you fool a population of people into taking an inefficient drug like that?

Pfizer's 95% Relative Risk Reduction figure is the reduction from .88% to .04%. You calculate this by subtracting .04 from .88; so .88 - .04 = .84 then .84 divided by .88 = .9545 or 95% relative risk reduction.

Pfizer didn't follow this advice and our government let them do it!

If Pfizer told the truth and said there is a .84% (less than 1%) difference between being jabbed and not being jabbed but the potential side affects are;

Who would have chosen to get the vaccine? And why would our government allow it?
Well, that's how it works. Both Pfizer and Moderna were allowed to say the "vaccines" were 95% effective because they can say anything they want since there is no agency that regulates drug companies.

The FDA's job is to regulate them, but their sole existence is to help drug companies get their products to the market. The only thing they do for us is magically find some bad lettuce every few years.

Fun fact... The former FDA Commissioner, Scott Gottlieb was on the Board of Pfizer during Covid and still is... Huh, no conflict of interest there or anything, just the Feds in bed with the drug companies... Only one reason I'll never take another one of their poisons in any form.

The Drug Cartels make the product, the Drug enablers at the FDA approve them, and the Cartels educate the fake Doctors about their use and encourage them to sell the drugs... People fall for it because "officials" and the talking box said it was a good idea... The drug could be called Napalm Ricin, and people would take it if Dr. Whitecoat said it was a good idea, even though Dr. Whitecoat has zero education in the drug or how it reacts with the body.

Good to know the 9th Appellate Court has ruled they aren't vaccines...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/06/breaking-9th-circuit-court-appeals-rules-mrna-covid/

Started a new project yesterday. We're going to re-do my MIL's little kitchen. Here's where it is.

View attachment 32882
I started scraping the popcorn off the ceiling and will continue today. Demo will include tearing out the walls and new sheetrock. Need to do some wiring for outlets and under cabinet lights. Also, we will add a garbage disposal.

It's a small, simple kitchen, MIL doesn't cook much.
View attachment 32883
View attachment 32884

View attachment 32885
This is the drawing I took down to the cabinet shop. They designed the new cabinets on the spot. She has a small island and refrigerator which are not in the drawings.
View attachment 32886
While you likely have a preferred method for under cabinet lifting, in my practice I used XENON, by CREE, which has transitioned to LED products. I mounted a switched/dimed, step-down transformer in the back, upper part of a cab. and cold-glue 2, #18 in the back corner or inside a face frame to the strips. When the strips are mounted in the back of the cab., and dimmed, you see the inverted "W," as well as the fixtures, however, when mounted at the face frame, obscured by a cove moulding, the "W" and the fixture is no longer visible. There are also touch switches available.

AND, WHO'DA THOUGHT, IT'S CA.

I found your hoarding discussion interesting, because it seems to me, it's a frequent topic.

However, as I recall, you had mention accomplishing your spring cleaning, prior to the thaw, because you could load all of the affluent into found, USPS bulk containers, spritz to solidify, from your porch-side thunder mug, then toboggan down too the local donation site, adjacent too, and in an unincorporated just outside of Glendale, skinny's fooz-ball, pool hall, crank gas pump, 1 washer and hang dry laundry, and soda fountain.

While you likely have a preferred method for under cabinet lifting, in my practice I used XENON, by CREE,
Do you have a link for the ones you use?

On our other kitchen, I used the Ultra Pro lights from Amazon. They are likable and use 120vac to the light and then each unit has a transformer. I’m not bent on using any particular brand.

IMG_8242.jpeg

I ran a 12g wire to 3 spots on the backsplash because of the gap in the cabinets around the sink and range hood.

IMG_8243.jpeg
IMG_8241.jpeg
There is a single wall switch that controls all three groups.

I couldn't get the locknut off (left side of switch with the threaded metal coming through). Had to go get my friend. I tried using a flathead screwdriver and pounding on it with a wrench (couldn't find my hammer) to try to get it loose but the screwdriver kept slipping off the ridge on the nut. I was afraid I was going to end up breaking a wire or damaging something. Friend got it all put together for me but now the switch is making weird noises. Ugh.
Lots of outdoor fittings get stuck, especially steel into aluminum boxes. You're not alone: Every water pump control lock nut I've ever touched is stuck.

What I Do-
A) I'll push a 3/16" flat head screwdriver under the nut inside the box to wedge it. If the space is too tall to wedge, turn the screwdriver at an angle to hit the box. If necessary, stack screwdrivers.

B) Outside the box, I'll loosen the set screw or gland nut that holds the conduit tight to the box connector.

C) Next, with water pump pliers (also called arc joint pliers or Channellock) I'll turn the fitting just slightly. Then the inside nut will now spin off with ease.

To prevent it from happening in the future, some anti-oxidation paste on the lock nut threads will prevent seizing and provide good electrical conductivity.

Paul

Do you have a link for the ones you use?

On our other kitchen, I used the Ultra Pro lights from Amazon. They are likable and use 120vac to the light and then each unit has a transformer. I’m not bent on using any particular brand.

View attachment 32887

I ran a 12g wire to 3 spots on the backsplash because of the gap in the cabinets around the sink and range hood.

View attachment 32888
View attachment 32889
There is a single wall switch that controls all three groups.
The 2 vendors, in LB, CA, have been sold and CREE has switched, as evolution goes, to LED tape lighting. When the style you've installed, were used, IE customer private selection, the custom cab. shop would install a 2-1/4" crown to obscure the fixtures when sitting near the cab. I liked the xenon strips because they could be cut as well as interconnected.

There are several of the LED'S offering a selection of length, and I'd bet, as innovative as you are, you could likely amend, where necessary.

Back