What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, that is very pretty!
Havasu, I wish that I could go to see the aurora borealis. I also want to hear it. I've read that there is a sound it makes that doesn't get picked up on recordings well. Seems very cool.
Spicoli, Ouch! Hope your mouth heals quickly.
Yesterday I went to pick up an order from TSC but one of the items I ordered was canceled by the store due to them not being able to find it. It worked out because it wouldn't have worked without another part. So I popped in to O'Reilly's and grabbed the right one. Turns out I didn't need it though. My hitch kit (which lacks the protrusion and the ball) has bars on it that I didn't notice until after I bought the hitch ball and thingamabob that goes in to the other thingamabob. One of these days I will learn the correct terms.

I got some straps with hooks that I thought would work but one broke, another flew off into who knows where, and the other just fell on the ground unharmed when I was trying to drag an old pillowtop mattress away from the back door so we can get the old freezer out and new freezer in through the sliding glass door. The old mattress had handles on the sides but when I grabbed one and tried to lift it just ripped off and exposed the springs inside. I lost daylight so I called it quits for the night. Last night I lay awake trying to think of a solution. Then I remembered that my tie down straps have hooks.

Got up at 6:20am and went out to see if I could move the mattress. Put on a gardening glove near the blackberry weeds. To my surprise, it worked and I got the mattress all the way down to where the old pond used to be before I stopped and unhooked it. Then I emptied out the old freezer, unplugged it, moved a bunch of furniture, threw out a bunch of old boxes and trash, and tested to see if the sliding glass door still opens. It does but the stupid thing won't shut all the way. It keeps getting stuck about 1/4" from being closed. The glass is separating from the frame and the sill is missing pieces on the exterior side because it has rotted. Going to need to replace that soon unfortunately. I think I will replace the old sill with vinyl if possible.

I'm waiting for my friend to be ready to go with me to pick up the new freezer and help me get the old one out.

Imagine someone with all the facial piercings needing an MRI or needing to have surgery where all the metal has to be removed from them. That would suck.

Long story short, my friend went with me to secure the new freezer in the truck and got the old freezer out and new freezer in. My brother did help getting the new freezer in. My plan to back up close enough to have the new one moved directly over the threshold was thwarted because it wouldn't fit under the eaves while in the truck. Floor under the old freezer is messed up badly and needs repairs. Old freezer fell and damaged some of the house siding on the way out but I have extra pieces of the siding to replace the damaged ones.

New freezer's "fast freeze" option is no joke. It's already super cold. Although it is hard to open because it has a magnetic seal and takes quite a bit of force to open it. Mom asked if I was going to stock it up yet and I told her I'd already thrown away the stuff from the old freezer and didn't buy new frozen stuff yet.

Got food for my friend before dropping him off back at home. Also bought him some stuff at Samsclub and Ross. He wanted to see if they had decent jeans bc his keep getting torn at work. The only pair that didn't have the knees tear on him had the crotch rip. I told him those ones needed gussets added. I popped in to see how his wife was doing and she's doing better. She said the lemon ginger lozenges I got her were helping a bit.

Massive thunderstorms and heavy rains. The candy arse in front of me on the way home did not know how to drive in rain. Was going 25mph in a 55mph zone. I could still see beyond the hood of my truck so it wasn't that bad. It wasn't like the rains we had in Guam. Internet went out and wouldn't come back on. Rebooted my pc, reset wireless adapter, rebooted modem repeatedly. Went and looked at the dish and saw it was moving to try to get signal. Couldn't access it via its page on my computer so I downloaded the app to my phone and told it to stow and reboot. That worked.

Opened a Coffee bag and thought "I wonder if the Cats will like".... and put it in front of their noses. Turns out, they not only don't like the smell, but they run from it.

So, I put a line on the counter next to the Range. If they can't cross that to get on the Range, then they can't PISS ON IT!

Attachments

• COFFEE.JPG
    COFFEE.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Opened a Coffee bag and thought "I wonder if the Cats will like".... and put it in front of their noses. Turns out, they not only don't like the smell, but they run from it.

So, I put a line on the counter next to the Range. If they can't cross that to get on the Range, then they can't PISS ON IT!
I spritz I of our cats with olive oil & after crisping some lintels & broccoli, use him as a scrubber to clean the pan and simultaneously coat the pan, with olive oil, of its next use.

Ruby and I went down to the court house and registered the new pontoon today. We had a depth finder on the boat we just sold and decided to install one on the pontoon.

After researching depth finders, I decided that for the same cost, we could get a Garmin Striker fish finder. The Garmin tells the depth plus has speed, water temp, and a GPS. Oh, and it tells you if there are fish under you.

I had to make a bracket to mount the transducer on the pontoon.

IMG_7890.jpeg

I used all stainless steel hardware

IMG_7888.jpeg

I used a straight edge along the bottom of the pontoon to set the level of the transducer.

IMG_7886.jpeg

I spritz I of our cats with olive oil & after crisping some lintels & broccoli, use him as a scrubber to clean the pan and simultaneously coat the pan, with olive oil, of its next use.
When you watched "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", you weren't supposed to permanently end up like that. It was just intended to be a movie.

When you watched "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", you weren't supposed to permanently end up like that. It was just intended to be a movie.
There is an involved registration, and it said you were payed 10yrs in advance, so I figured maybe, there's going to be rewards offered, so I joined for 3mo.

So, now you've expanded to rookery's romper-room? HMMMM, unhinged diversity. Where will it lodge next?
YES! Another example of what I said before... "I love it when you reply because I have no bloody idea what you talk about." I'm rapidly losing Brain cells reading the bizarre stuff you post.

YES! Another example of what I said before... "I love it when you reply because I have no bloody idea what you talk about." I'm rapidly losing Brain cells reading the bizarre stuff you post.
You should take emulating you, as a complement, for exposing your selective universe. Mind wasting, is a terrible waste.

Sadly, cats can project their spray of piss pretty far. We discovered this the time Senator Snugglebum got my brother in the face from about 4ft away while Snugs was on top of the refrigerator.

The new freezer is very cold but its also very hard to open. Magnetic seal. The whole thing pivoted when trying to open it and still wouldn't open. Have to slip fingers under the seal to open it. At least it won't fall open accidentally. Wish they'd had that size freezer with the release button like the Samsung Bespoke has.

Poor Gravy Jones is looking rough and the area around his eye is still swollen from getting into fights. The eye itself seems fine. He's right next to me curled up on a pillow. Ginger is curled up against my right leg, Yasuke is against my left leg. Biscuits is on top of some drawers grooming himself. Mewlatto is on top of the old UPS near the door.

Just took mom to the doctor bc her blood sugar is remaining too high. They took blood and will get back to us later.

Friend's wife got confirmation from the doctors that the fetus is indeed dead but they don't want to do a d&c yet. They want to give her meds that will make her expel it and clear the uterus out. Sounds like it won't be pleasant. She was really hoping it might still be alive.

Sometimes pressing on the door then pulling it open, works.

Also adjusting the leveling legs so the wheels are clear of the floor will cause the weight of the appliance to act as a resistor.

I installed the Garmin Striker in the dash of the pontoon yesterday.

1715778579042.jpeg

1715778604564.jpeg

1715778620954.jpeg

I can’t wait to test it on the water. First, I have to remove the old boat cradle In the boathouse and install slings for the pontoon so there’s a place to put the pontoon.

1715778798161.jpeg

I been trying to figure out a way to use the cradle for the pontoon. Haven’t figured it out yet.

Hey Ron, is there much battery drain with that Garmin?

Back