Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yum.............

Damn that 2800 mile commute.

I don't have pictures, but I've been getting decent at cooking hamburgers on the NuWave induction burner.

I get pre-made patties (not frozen), put garlic salt on them, rub the garlic salt in, put them on Max Sear for 45 seconds (well, a little more, but I set timer for that and start it shortly after putting them on). Then I flip them and another 45 seconds. Then I turn it down to Medium High and cook them for a a minute and 20 seconds on each side. I have to make sure to prep the buns ahead of time and then I turn the burner off, put the burgers on the buns, dump any grease from the pan into the trash can, and put the pan near the sink to cool.

They end up being medium rare (which is how I like them). I know it is nothing fantastic or anything, but since I don't cook much, it is progress for me. My mother likes it and has been having me make them for her.

I attempted to make potato soup from a mix last night. I followed the directions on the bag, but I think the pot I was using isn't magnetic enough so it was taking longer. My mother actually got up to go check and make adjustments to the heat and such. She's always been the one to make the soup in the past.

It turned out great and I ate a lot of it-- which my stomach did not appreciate later on. LOL.

I'll have to see about getting a better pot for next time.

Soup is easy, throw a bunch of crap in water and cook it.

You'll just get the munchies and go looking for snicker bars...or Cheetos...

LOL! I've actually never been even slightly tempted to try that stuff. Knowing my luck I would have some rare adverse reaction. I think my neighbor grows it. Fun fact: Louisiana made it legal to use marijuana in 1978 BUT they never legalized possession or distribution of it. But, this is the same state where just a few months ago, one of the legislators proposed a "stripper bill" that stated tried to push through that strippers should not be under 21 years of age, over 28 years of age, nor over 160lbs.

LOL! I've actually never been even slightly tempted to try that stuff. Knowing my luck I would have some rare adverse reaction. I think my neighbor grows it. Fun fact: Louisiana made it legal to use marijuana in 1978 BUT they never legalized possession or distribution of it. But, this is the same state where just a few months ago, one of the legislators proposed a "stripper bill" that stated tried to push through that strippers should not be under 21 years of age, over 28 years of age, nor over 160lbs.

You know, I understand where the legislator was going with his thinking, but that is funny.

LOL! I've actually never been even slightly tempted to try that stuff. Knowing my luck I would have some rare adverse reaction. I think my neighbor grows it. Fun fact: Louisiana made it legal to use marijuana in 1978 BUT they never legalized possession or distribution of it. But, this is the same state where just a few months ago, one of the legislators proposed a "stripper bill" that stated tried to push through that strippers should not be under 21 years of age, over 28 years of age, nor over 160lbs.[/QUOTE]

I see no problem with this, makes perfect sense...:cool:

She has good taste.

I had ribs and pulled pork at Golden Corral the other day. It was good. The sweet potatoes were also very good. One of these days I will put ice cream on top of the sweet potatoes.

The steak was a bit meh. The chef was overcooking. What he said was medium was well done. What he said was rare was medium. But, it was still ok and there was other good stuff to eat. I could eat the rolls with honey butter forever.

Smoked for 3 hours with hickory and some cherry chunks. Wrapped in foil for an hour and squirted some butter and rubbed a lil brown sugar on them. Then an hour on the gas grill with some KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce. She was happy.

View attachment image.jpg

I really need to practice ribs more, I am no good at coking them.

I really need to practice ribs more, I am no good at coking them.

Baby Backs, 3 hrs at 225* over indirect heat, then 1 Hour wrapped in foil, then 1 hour un foiled with some sauce. They are easy.

St. Louis Spares, same as above but longer in foil.

I like to wrap in foil, some don't. Whatever you do, cook to temp. I probe and when they hit 190* they're done.

I need to give it a try again.

Last night I made pasta with rice noodles, ground venison, onion, mushroom and tomato and for the sauce it was cream cheese, milk and a teaspoon of sugar with pepper. Made similar to a white sauce, turned out tasty.

My elderly friend used to cook ribs in a cast-iron wood stove. I don't know how long it took because we would usually get invited over to eat after they were already started. Also had sweet potatoes and black stew cooked on the wood stove.

Last couple times I cooked ribs, I didn't wrap them. Just added a rub before, cooked till done and sauced the last half hour. Everyone seemed to like them that way. I found a recipe for a Memphis Style Rub that I'm going to try making myself and see how that works for pork and chicken.

Latest posts

Back