Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some pre-packed pre-washed ready-to-eat broccoli, baby carrots, and cauliflower that could be microwaved and seasoned, but I decided to just eat some of it raw with ranch dressing. That was my dinner.

I was shopping while hungry, but was craving fruit and vegetables instead of sweet stuff.

What is Chili Colorado?

Chuck steak or really any king of steak cut into 1" chunks and browned, then simmered in chili sauce for an hour or two.

Chili sauce.

Whole dried New Mexico chili pods
whole dried Pasillo Peppers
fresh green bell pepper
whole onion
6 cloves garlic

de-stem and seed chili pods and saok inhot water 20-30 minutes
chop up everything else.
Put all in blender and puree
pour in pan with beef
Add some salt and Cumin and let cook

Serve with rice and beans and tortillas

youcan really use any dried peepers or just chili powder. I do a lot with Ancho chili powder and new mexico chili powder, the new mexico chilis are more mellow and flavorful.

Is also tasty with venison

Went to the truckstop for lunch. Meat loaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a roll. $5.79. Cheaper than eating at home and really good.

I found out my local airport has great food at a good price

Going to put a big ole chuck roast on the smoker Saturday.

I'm gonna go pig hunting and sight in the Sako on Saturday.

I love my Sako, been a tack driver since day one. Groups in a dime at a hundred since new. First three shots touched holes. Love that gun. A friend is getting dies and I'm going to start reloading my own. He reloads a lot, his dad shoots cowboy action. So he said he show me how and what to do.

I love my Sako, been a tack driver since day one. Groups in a dime at a hundred since new. First three shots touched holes. Love that gun. A friend is getting dies and I'm going to start reloading my own. He reloads a lot, his dad shoots cowboy action. So he said he show me how and what to do.

What caliber is yours? I went .300 Win Mag for long distance and then I went .270 on the Nosler for a more short range and smaller critter gun.

Remington 7 mag. Looked at the 270, but went with the 7.

No reason you can't get another. Besides they are expensive as all hell.

I can't stretch out that far. Thinking of the Ruger American Rifle in 243 or 270.

That would be some good choices. I shouldn't have stretched that far myself.

I have a .243, it is a small round. I have gotten one deer but it took a couple shots. To me it is more of a coyote gun

Been using my ar for a coyote varrmit gun. I have a 20" barrel and Nikon 4x10x50 on it. My thought was that some day the grandkids would want to try shooting. A 243 doesn't have a ton of recoil like the 7 mag does.

>243 is a perfect beginner shooting or deer rifle. It will get the job done and has virtually no kick. I like mine a lot just don't use it much any more.

Since this is a cookin thread, I will add...

I picked about 8 apples this afternoon, peeled them, cut them up, and placed in a pan with lemon juice, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I let it cook down and for dessert, I will have a nice chunky type of applesauce.

Since this is a cookin thread, I will add...

I picked about 8 apples this afternoon, peeled them, cut them up, and placed in a pan with lemon juice, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I let it cook down and for dessert, I will have a nice chunky type of applesauce.

Sounds like a good beginning to a pie or cobbler Mark.

I made a BBQ chicken pizza for dinner.

Latest posts

Back