Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It tasted great. Mama wanted me to continue with making a pie, but I'm a smart man and understand how that works. I pull out a homemade pie and I will then have the kitchen duties for the rest of my life.

No way!

That is where I went wront, I do 95% of the cooking at my place. Her food is healthier but mine taste better.

Same here. Last light she baked a big ol' squash. I asked what else was for dinner and she said, "green beans!"

My wife makes killer spaghetti squash with venison.

Yesterday my mom was still hungry despite having eaten more than I did at Golden Corral (and I ate so much I thought I was going to upchuck and couldn't even look at food for the next hour without feeling queasy). They were offering free samples of various things at Sam's Club so she was tasting things. She decided she really liked some kind of kale salad and got some. I went to bed early (before 8pm) so I don't know if she was happy with what she brought home. She got avocados again, and I'm pretty sure they will just sit and rot before being consumed (as usual). She buys them and then maybe uses one of them.

I admit that I sometimes dread when she gets some new stuff that she expects me to cook for her because she's extremely picky and expects better than restaurant quality cooking and service. My brother started deliberately making food worse when he cooked for her so she wouldn't want him to cook anymore.

Smoker fired up, a couple of chuck roasts spending some quality time relaxin in some hickory smoke. I love the smell of wood smoke in the morning. Sprinkled them with some spog. ( salt, pepper, onion and garlic)

Meant to take some finished pics, but I got side tracked with a friend who stopped by and the kids and grand kids. Turned out awesome. Maybe I just got everyone hungry enough they didn't complain...I don't know...:frig:

Got some left over new yorks and potatoes, what should I do with them?

I tried some of the kale salad and actually don't mind the taste of kale. For some reason, I kept thinking it was going to taste like cilantro (which I really don't like for some reason). It tasted somewhat like cabbage.

Power went out when I was about to make burgers so I went to Pizza Hut. My brother took the order and added the note for extra toppings:
tumblr_obzknuzi6n1qhfuqwo2_r1_540.png

Eating dinner at 9:41 can't be good for you.

This comes from the guy who had dinner at 9pm tonight.

Eating dinner at 9:41 can't be good for you.

This comes from the guy who had dinner at 9pm tonight.

What's dinner? Oh yeah, I had chips and a coke.:(

LOL. It was after 10pm when we finally ate. Takes 15 to 25 minutes to get home depending on the road conditions. I have to drive slower at night because there are no street lights and it isn't easy to see.

We don't eat dinner at a regular time though. It can be anywhere from 5pm to after midnight.

Having Tacos at a buddies this evening, made some home made rice and a cobbler.

No idea tonight. My wife and daughter went shopping. I may just grab something before they get back. I have been working around the house all day.

Families coming over for a cookout Saturday and I'm gonna toss a brisket on the smoker. I have a recipe that somebody from Wrangker Board gave me a while back that I'll use for a rub, updates coming Saturday.

I have my nephews car at my house, you know the one that he was too busy hanging out with friends to help load on the trailer. It took my shop just a couple hours to fix it and it has been sitting at my house for a couple weeks now, I guess I am too busy to make that phone call to say it's ready to pick up. I am thinking another couple weeks I might find time.

Latest posts

Back