Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember what was in the black stew anymore. It wasn't the same as gumbo. I'll have to ask my mother later if she remembers.
It might generally go by a different name, but my friends called it that.

Black stew had onions, chunks of potato, stew meat (beef), sausage (sometimes), and rue. I think it had salt, pepper, and bay leaves (removed after cooked) as well. So, it's essentially beef stew with rue.

Gonna fry up some catfish tomorrow, hush puppies, green beans Mac and cheese, Cole slaw and she's making a root beer pie. Stop on by if y'all are hungry. Oh, and beer

How do you make a root beer pie? Sounds good.

I wish I could stop by. I might do some yard work tomorrow. If it cools down otherwise my neighbors can just think I am that messy guy.

How do you make a root beer pie? Sounds good.

It's got graham cracker crust, cool whip, vanilla pudding and root beer and other stuff is all I know. We'll see tonight I guess.

It's got graham cracker crust, cool whip, vanilla pudding and root beer and other stuff is all I know. We'll see tonight I guess.

That sounds pretty good actually. I love graham cracker crust. Only thing I like better is oreo cookie crust (but that is on chocolate stuff). I like my pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust.

Either gonna make some carne asada tonight or chili colorado. Feels like a BBQ and do nothing day.

Those are the best kind if days Chris, as long as there's beer....or Gin And Tonics.

I have been liking Moscow mules lately.

I have been doing some little stuff outside. I mowed one lawn and swapped out my wye strainer on my well pump to an easier style to clean sediment out of. Now instead of shutting the water down and unscrewing a large cap and washing a filter I just crack a valve for a minute and it cleans itself.

I might swap out a sprinkler valve if I ever feel up to it. It's hot and humid so it's not pleasant out.

It's a laid back Saturday afternoon. Sitting out on the patio, listening to some classic rock, thinking about if it's a beer or gin day. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Went to the range. Now loafin". Heard that one of my best customers passed this morning. He had about 50 rentals.

Rusty, sorry to hear. Hopefully things will go on as before.

Catfish turned out great. Another sip of beer and I might have a hangover tomorrow. Had a supper time with the kids and grand kids. Basketball, swinging the young'uns in the swings, sitting around and chattin, them are the things that make life worthy livin. Today, life is good.

Made chili Colorado yesterday, it turned out great. Trying to figure out what to do today.Wife is leaving for a few hours so it is just me and the kids. To hot to play outside for too long. I am ready for a nap already.

We had lasagna made with zucchini instead of pasta, salad and garlic bread.

Latest posts

Back