What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone in Murphy, NC commented that Duke Energy was having unannounced rolling two hour blackouts. Power has been off/on a couple of times. I didn't rush into action and it's on now.

Someone in Murphy, NC commented that Duke Energy was having unannounced rolling two hour blackouts. Power has been off/on a couple of times. I didn't rush into action and it's on now.
Oh what fun! Not! And to think Uncle Joe wants us to go all electric! The TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) announced a few days ago that unless everyone reduced their energy usage, they would impose rolling blackouts and then yesterday (Saturday) they said, We WILL have rolling blackouts but we didn't. We lost electric for 3 hours on Friday but I believe that was due to wind and poor maintenance on the part of our electric company (Guntersville Electric Board).

Plus 42... So a 87 degree difference since Thursday.

That's just how we play in Montucky.

Suspicions confirmed on the rolling blackout! My son lives 14 miles from me and he had a two hour electrical outage at a different time than mine. His was expensive though as his whole house propane generac kicked in. I didn't even uncoil my male-to-male jumper cord.

Got a letter from Toledo Edison last week... shocked it also mentioned "rolling blackouts"!

No, I asked Ruby and we don't know them. Isn't Don Johnson the guy on the old Miami Vice?
Yes, same name, but not the Miami Vice Guy.

We spent Christmas Day on the patio of one of our city's councilman house. It was so warm, we had to stay in the shade. We were laughing as we sat in our tee shirts and shorts, celebrating Christmas. Cruel, but this is the reason we deal with the Kommiefornia politics and taxes.

We were laughing as we sat in our tee shirts and shorts, celebrating Christmas.
Sorry to hear you didn't get the gorgeous White Christmas that we got! Probably what's wrong with CommieFornicate... LOL!

Got a letter from Toledo Edison last week... shocked it also mentioned "rolling blackouts"!
Sorry, guess it was an email... and here's the exact wording: "may include the potential for short, rotating customer outages."

Yeah, I would really like to experience a white Christmas, if I could omit the cold, horrible driving conditions, the 7 layers of clothing, no parking available, paying for snow plows, paying for all the gas and heating oil just to feel my fingers. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would really like to experience a white Christmas, if I could omit the cold, horrible driving conditions, the 7 layers of clothing, no parking available, paying for snow plows, paying for all the gas and heating oil just to feel my fingers. :rolleyes:
Not only do we get a White Xmas... we get to have gasoline powered vehicles... can you imagine anyone watching an EV Big Foot truck?

Once the folks in office realize that electric cars are huge polluters, and not sustainable with our infrastructure, they will only be a novelty for the dumb, rich and famous.

A friend moved The Villages a golf cart community in FL in July 2020. The community is so large that an e-cart can't make it from one end to the other (especially if one got lost) so they use gas carts. Some go for custom carts with front trunks.

1672087948233.png

Yes, same name, but not the Miami Vice Guy.

We spent Christmas Day on the patio of one of our city's councilman house. It was so warm, we had to stay in the shade. We were laughing as we sat in our tee shirts and shorts, celebrating Christmas. Cruel, but this is the reason we deal with the Kommiefornia politics and taxes.
Not even close to worth it.

Once the folks in office realize that electric cars are huge polluters, and not sustainable with our infrastructure, they will only be a novelty for the dumb, rich and famous.
They know it, they are just trying to control the population. If they control the electricity and everybody has electric cars, they can stop people from traveling. Same thing with Guns and burning down food factories.

Saul Alinsky 101

Yeah…electric cars and rolling blackouts! It’s a great combo! Sign me up for that stupidity!

Global warming is melting our ice!

8610F302-2D77-4BFB-AB30-22162A6AE516.png
Now, before you start throwing out your knowledge based facts on how large lakes in the South Aren’t supposed to have ice, I just want to head you off at the pass and say, at this rate of warming, we probably won’t have any ice left by tomorrow! This is a prime example of global warming. Lol!

It’s funny that when I was flying up in Anchorage, one of the things I did was fly tours of the glaciers in the area. I saw pictures of the glaciers taken in the 60’s compared to how they look now and it’s obvious that they are receding but nobody up there talks about climate change but rather they blame it on the end of the ice age, volcanic activity, and warm underground springs (due to volcanic activity).

180ECD8D-5EEA-4578-97DD-08AA66D567E9.jpeg

I love the azure blue of glaciers. I have also experienced blue snow based upon the same refraction of light. My fav aunt was librarian at the Sheldon Jackson School in Sitka for many years. The school was open year round and staff got staggering vacations of one month, two months and three months. She would come home to NC when she got the three month vacation but travelled Alaska via mission boat and bush plane during the shorter vacations. I recall her chuckling over experiences such as in windy weather the mail plane pilot tossing mailbags onto the beach saying 'no outgoing mail today'. Another time she said they landed at Sitka and the pilot exhaled and said 'we made another one'. She chuckled and said to me, 'I always had complete confidence in them'.

Last edited:
In a speech in Thailand last week, the President of Toyota admitted most people, he called them the silent majority, wouldn't accept an EV as their only vehicle...

Latest posts

Back