Young couple's first home!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickensaur

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My wife and I got married 2 years in a few months. We lived in NY all our lives and moved to Port Richey, FL (general Tampa Bay area) this past July. We bought a cheap house...and of course it has come with lots of repairs. Either way right now we are loving it and the change of climate.

For the past 4 or 5 years I've been living in an apartment and never had to worry about doing repairs. As a result I am not the handiest of people. The only tools I've ever owned were manual screwdrivers because I needed them to work on computers. However...I am not afraid of them and recently bought an electric drill and saw.

Well anyway...I got questions and hopefully you have answers. I'll post in the different forums.

:)

Welcome, from one newbie to another! Congrats on both the house and wife. My wife and I started in an apt. to a house, also. About 39 years ago, and we're all still together.

I think you'll like it here, everyone is polite and informed or had experience. Feel free to ask any question, as the answers are also free! Be safe, GBR

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah my wife and I haven't been together that long...almost two years married but we dated for something like 10 years...kinda like a college sweetheart type of thing.

Back