What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This place is all sorts of nice. This city is much nicer than I imagined. It's clean, people are friendly and respectful of others. Even when they are from California.

Going today to another part of town to look at property in more of a wooded area.

Chris, I think the base price for the smaller home may end up being lower than what it will cost to fix up the larger one-- but that is a LOT of acreage. If you ever decide that you don't want all of that land, you can probably sell off some of it-- maybe only to people you like/trust. Are there any ponds or the like anywhere on the land.

In addition to the dryrot, water probably stucking, etc, it looks like there is somewhat of a deck outside that needs railing. It looks sort of like it is on a slope. Is it in a stable area where it isn't likely to slide if an earthquake hits?

I admit, the cheeseball in me likes the fact that the larger one is on Liberty street.

schools....big time factor, what are the schools like?

i like the idea of home school, but, a kid needs to be around other kids, to learn to be a kid
if you could figure out how to home school with a few others.

Schools are pretty good here. A lot of parent involvement.

So far we are leaning towards the 20 acre one. It has everything we need with little work to be done except building a shop. It has a great location for running my business out of which is a bonus. Ultimately I wanted to go cheap but cheap doesn't always give you where you want to be. This area is pretty much all ranchers and farmers.

As for the 250 acre lot they have multiple offers already for about the same as I would offer. The owner doesn't think it has any structural damage which is a lie. I think he just wants to get as much as he can out if it.

sounds like you need to walk away from the acerage. kinda funny how it sat for 8 years narry a nibble
then when your interested a flurry of offers.. i do not believe in coincidences

you will find a good location,

i learned something. walk next door, knock on the door
ask the owner, straight up, is this a good neighborhood?
realator is not allowed to tell you

I believe everything happens for a reason. If it is not meant to be it won't be.

That property has been on and off the market for years. It was owned by a pilot who never maintained it from the day he bought it. He didn't live there and just visited on occasion. He was the one who died 8years ago.

what did you find ? anything worth looking at again.

i have an idea, just buy some land, and have a house built on it like you want

I looked at a lot of land and only a few stuck out and they were not cheap.

That 20 acre house we looked at three days in a row. It really has everything we need except a shop and being in the middle of nowhere. bLM and forestry are minutes away.

Did any of you guys here the news about LAX? Reports if gun fire and people running around? That happened right after we left the airport.

The more we travel around and leave California the more we see the negative of California. Everyone has always said that you don't know what you are missing until you leave and we are starting to see it. The drive back from the airport for the first 45 minutes drives through cities that not one of you would walk down a road at night and are just full of crime.

I looked at a lot of land and only a few stuck out and they were not cheap.

That 20 acre house we looked at three days in a row. It really has everything we need except a shop and being in the middle of nowhere. bLM and forestry are minutes away.

Did any of you guys here the news about LAX? Reports if gun fire and people running around? That happened right after we left the airport.

The more we travel around and leave California the more we see the negative of California. Everyone has always said that you don't know what you are missing until you leave and we are starting to see it. The drive back from the airport for the first 45 minutes drives through cities that not one of you would walk down a road at night and are just full of crime.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/29/us/lax-police-emergency/index.html

false alarm

They are doing a bunch of construction there, someone probably used a hammer.

Glad I was gone before all that. Sadly it happens all too often.

25 caliber nail gun for shooting studs to concrete and beams
most likley

$_1.JPG

damn things will give you a heart attack if you aint acting right

i was messing with a married woman. years ago
one of them went off i thought the husband done found me lo lol

Last edited:
I love it when I volunteer to do an overnight "quick" sewer repair three hours from home to find out I have to jackhammer a six foot deep hole of slurry without getting any sleep.

Latest posts

Back